Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to tell someone to go away

• 03-12-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

how do you tell someone to go away without being rude??????

i keep getting myself in the suitation where i go out for the night, meet some
    girl,get locked, and give my number to them, the problem is in sober light of day i usually have no interest in these girls, the last one was this weekend, within 24 hours im after
    geting about 20 txt messages from her(im begining to think she's a stalker),
    but without sounding really bad ive no interest in her, dont want to meet her again or even be friends with her, and before you say it no i didnt lead her on, she invited me back to her place, asked me for my number, i didnt tell her i really like her or any of that..
    i know obviously the solution is stop drinking as much and stop giving my number to someone if ive no interest in them but after drink i cant help it,

so how do you tell someone that keeps txting you to basically stop and leave you alone
    without just ignoring them and hope they eventually get the hint??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Text back and say "sorry but I was really drunk and am really not interested in anything"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Stop getting so drunk perhaps? Does it not freak you out that you are getting so drunk and ending up with girls you would not like in the light of day?

It's unfair to the girls and unfair to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

you sound like a complete tosser.tell her straight out that you have no interest put the poor girl outta her misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yep - said this in the other thread: Just the cold, Unsweetened Truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dr Lektroluv

Continue drinking - but get a 2nd sim card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

a mans way typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭estar

and dont ask for thier numbers
    or give yours

just come straight out with it and say - can we be casual

and if they dont go for that at least you have been HONEST

rather than pretending you are all into them to
    get what you want, and then ignoring them when it suits you

treat girls as you would like men to treat your sisters, female
    relations or friends and you wont end up in trouble.

otherwise have the ball% to be a player STRAIGHT UP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭estar

troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

estar Please leave that decision to us mods. There is no need for you to clutter the thread with pointless posts.

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

how do you tell someone to go away without being rude??????

i keep getting myself in the suitation where i go out for the night, meet some
    girl,get locked, and give my number to them, the problem is in sober light of day i usually have no interest in these girls, the last one was this weekend, within 24 hours im after
    geting about 20 txt messages from her(im begining to think she's a stalker),
    but without sounding really bad ive no interest in her, dont want to meet her again or even be friends with her, and before you say it no i didnt lead her on, she invited me back to her place, asked me for my number, i didnt tell her i really like her or any of that..
    i know obviously the solution is stop drinking as much and stop giving my number to someone if ive no interest in them but after drink i cant help it,

so how do you tell someone that keeps txting you to basically stop and leave you alone
    without just ignoring them and hope they eventually get the hint??

thanks
    Having about growing up and taking responsibility for your own actions? ‘’I can’t help it’’ isn’t really any kind of excuse is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

you sound like a complete tosser.tell her straight out that you have no interest put the poor girl outta her misery

look yes i know i sound like a complete dickhead, but honestly i dont mean to be one,
    i usually spend the next few days regreting it.
    anyway i want to let her know without making her feel like complete ****e so st least
    i care some bit.

estar - no im not a troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

biko wrote: »
    Text back and say "sorry but I was really drunk and am really not interested in anything"?

bilko - cheers,that sounds fair enough

DawnMc - yes i know, as i said i usually spend the next few days feeling like
    complete ****e and regret doing it, think i need to stop drinking so much when i go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Sounds to me that you just give your number out repeatedly to get an ego boost. And as for you can't help it...yes you can. Just don't do it.

Anyway telling her the truth, that you were really drunk, would really hurt her feelings, she'd feel like a right mut! So i'd say just go with ''i'm not lookin for anything serious at min, enjoyin the single life!'' or something to that extent.

Advertisement