Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP5 issues

• 12-04-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I stuck an airfet in my MP5. The wiring was fairly solid and playing the other evening it suddenly went to full cycle. I had to disconnect the battery to shut it down. Opened it up and the motor had chewed through the insulation and shorted the positive directly to the motor. Easy fix and I rerouted the wiring so that a similar issue could not happen again.

Guess what? Today it happened again! This one seems to be different though. After I reconnected the battery everything works fine again. Stuck trigger contacts? Everything else in the GB is fine. I'm to lazy to open it up again to check the wiring but had anyone else ever had a sick trigger switch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'm going to assume you replaced the damaged wiring?

Do you mean full auto, by full cycle? Or do you mean that once the battery is connected it just fires without pulling the trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

Yes I replaced the wiring with high amp automotive wire. Yeah I mean auto and on the first occasion, connecting the battery was all I had to do for the gun to go full auto. On the second occasion it worked normally on all selector modes after I checked a few minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yes I replaced the wiring with high amp automotive wire. Yeah I mean auto and on the first occasion, connecting the battery was all I had to do for the gun to go full auto. On the second occasion it worked normally on all selector modes after I checked a few minutes later.

To me it sounds as if your cut-off lever is on it's way out.
    There's something else at play there which I couldn't tell you unless I was able to see inside.

Advertisement