Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Bomb Prop

Options
  • 05-04-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Arduino forums.
    I have started a project for my airsoft team,we have our own training grounds ect and we wanted a electronic bomb prop for our training nights.
    Just wondering does anyone have a link or info on how I would go about doing this?
    All we need is an LCD Timer display,arm button and keypad.
    When it goes off we just want a buzzer or siren to sound,nothing crazy :)

Iv seen the same thing on a few sites around the country so there are a few people who have done it before :)
    I was linked to this site but I have heard that people can no longer get this project to work :(http://www.instructables.com/id/Prop-bomb/?ALLSTEPS

Can someone give me an idea of what kind of arduino I will need and a rough price estimate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

I have two made previously for a site they both work of a key and key pad. I was going to get rid of them awhile back but there sitting in dublin gathering dust until i get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Would you be willing to part with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Have a look at this one - similar design
    http://m.instructables.com/id/Arduino-defuseable-bomb-perfect-for-airsoft-games-/?ALLSTEPS

Official arduino boards cost around 30 but you can get clones on eBay for a couple of euro. Have a look at tayda electronics for the other parts. They are used by tons of electronics hobbyists - cheap but shipping is two or three weeks coming from Taiwan. The non-arduino parts should run you about 15. It would be best to use some perfboard to make a permanent circuit once you have it working on the breadboard.

Might be worth while looking at mouser for parts as they have some nice and cheap plastic cases (10 ish) which would make a decent enclosure and buying all from there would get you some decent shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

ShRT wrote: »
    Have a look at this one - similar design
    http://m.instructables.com/id/Arduino-defuseable-bomb-perfect-for-airsoft-games-/?ALLSTEPS

Official arduino boards cost around 30 but you can get clones on eBay for a couple of euro. Have a look at tayda electronics for the other parts. They are used by tons of electronics hobbyists - cheap but shipping is two or three weeks coming from Taiwan. The non-arduino parts should run you about 15. It would be best to use some perfboard to make a permanent circuit once you have it working on the breadboard.

Might be worth while looking at mouser for parts as they have some nice and cheap plastic cases (10 ish) which would make a decent enclosure and buying all from there would get you some decent shipping.

Brilliant mate! Thanks a lot! Using the box from an older project,should work nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Gonna try something like this myself, using arduino a lot in college lately so gonna see what I can muster up with it. Think ill use that guys code and mess around with it and see what I can change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement