Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Mosfet or Trigger module

Options
  • 27-02-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to install a mosfet into my G&G TR418.
    It is rear wired and I have a UBR stock so I have very little space.

I had to dremel out a section of the little stump on the lwr receiver ( for stock attachment) just to keep my fuse.

My only goal is slightly better trigger response and basically not having to worry about lipos (7.4 only) burning my trigger contacts.

I could probly fit something like the "gate picossr 2" I'v even seen pics of One installed inside a v2 gearbox believe it or not. Would it be ok to ditch my fuse ?

I had bad experiences wiring in my last mosfet on a different AEG. ( lack of experience) so I was considering a trigger replacement mosfet eg "aws Raptor v2"

It looks like a dream to install ,but I don't need any fancy stuff like 3 round burst etc. Or the cost

Are there any cheaper drop in trigger replacement mosfets out there you could recommend ?

Ciaran

Also do I really really need a mosfet ? I'm kinda in the if its not broken don't fix it mood as the AEG is working absolutely perfect as is ,
    I'v ran 9.6v nimhs for about 6 months and have just started with the 7.4 Lipos due to the UBR stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I have a Pico in my M4, wired to the rear, and fitted another Pico in the brothers M4, can fit a lipo in too no bother.

Ask yourself what do you really want a FET for?, if it is just for protecting the contacts and improving trigger response the Pico is the job. If you want programmable functions then a control unit is what you would want.

Personally I do not use fuses (even as an Electrician my better judgement says I should :eek:) the trade off was I needed space and the fuse holder took up the majority of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Thanks SD,

I dont want one at all ,but I know I'm gona be burning my trigger contacts and eventually they'll probly weld so I might as well put the FET in now and preempt it.

I dont need programmable so I guess the pico is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Interesting to read.

Had the same thoughts myself and have just ordered one of these:

http://gatee.eu/en/nanoasr

If I understand correctly, it has an inbuilt fuse, so you get the protection from that aspect as well.

Will let you know how I get on ;)

Adam

Hi Adzski,

Would defo go for one with an electronic fuse , its another line of protection.
    Unfortunately there's no way that model would fit in the space I have available.

Good luck with it

Ciaran

Just found this one and I do like G&P products.
    The FET part looks fairly small ,it may just slot in were i currently have my fuse.

I like the idea of it all pre wired for me. E30.44 delivered and I get a new trigger switch thrown in.
    If i was to get the gate picossr and some new wiring it would cost me the same

What do ye think ? Opinions welcome

http://gpairsoft-shop.com/shop/en/81892-gp-mosfet-back-large-t-plug-gp-gbx002-for-airsoft.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I have used a couple of these in various guns with excellent results. They are easy to fit, cheap, take up no space and do exactly what they say on the tin!!

Perfect Thermo and to hear it from yourself puts me even more at ease.
    Is the above the cheapest ya found or is there a better deal to be had.

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Its probably the cheapist here in ireland for what it is, i even have one in a high speed ak that i use a 11.1v 35c lipo in with no bothers and no ill effects on the contacts.

These are not too bad either..........
    http://www.airsoftguns.ie/mosfets-other/1687-mosfet-gate-picossr-for-aeg-airsoft.html but my preferance is the first one i mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

J-W wrote: »
    I have a UBR stock so I have very little space.
    I have solution for lack of space in UBR stock.
    I made this mod to my UBR stock and I'm able to fit 3300mAh li-po battery.

1C72DB9DE5A4411884DB29D1C9AE1946-0000348561-0003196031-00800L-54A8B166BC4047B192EA60C6B6770F73.jpg
    A544992F396F4A4584E4CE05ED3BE16C-0000348561-0003196029-00800L-84891330D97345EBB404C8F5D892ADFC.jpg
    88D13BC19A724FE7A1FD6EAE659078D9-0000348561-0003196028-00800L-E1C5F3783D61424C8F7831E8F1CA0B78.jpg

Wow ,3300mAh that would probably last a 24hr game.

I have already picked up two 2000mAh lipos that just fit in after I cut down the kits attachment cylinder to a minimum.
    As I said above I had to dremel out a section of the little stump on the lwr receiver ( for stock attachment) just to keep my fuse.

I think if i ditch the fuse I might fit the FET in the same cutout.

Still well done that's some good "out of the box" thinking getting the higher cheek rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement