Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat query

Options
  • 23-06-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

I bought a 2011 pasatt in feb from a reputable garage. As soon as I brought it home I noticed there was a rattle in the dashboard on the passenger side. I brought the car back to the garage and they fixed it but it returned. Brought it back again and they kept it for a week and fixed it again. However the rattle has returned again. And now also the computer screen that controls the radio etc has started to look like its smashed. This has happened 3 times in the last month. The radio works fine as in u can hear it but the screen looks broken.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? Ive contacted the sales rep again and waiting for him to call me back but not sure where I stand. It's not as bad now as the car came with a 1yr warranty but when thats up I could be in trouble.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Rattling around the glove box area is fairly common on passats. Is this the problem you had?
    As for the radio, worst case is you need a new unit installed. Do you have the basic radio or a larger screen with nav etc?
    To be honest, your issues don't appear too serious but be sure to keep a written record of all the attempts to fix the rattling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I agree they are not that serious but its very annoying..I had a hyundai previously and never had any trouble with it. Not exactly sure what the problem was. They said something was rubbing against the vents. They took out the windscreen to fix it the second time.its the big screen with sat nav etc... was wondering was it affected by the heat..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    I agree they are not that serious but its very annoying..I had a hyundai previously and never had any trouble with it. Not exactly sure what the problem was. They said something was rubbing against the vents. They took out the windscreen to fix it the second time.its the big screen with sat nav etc... was wondering was it affected by the heat..
    Took out the windscreen to fix. Sounds very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Yea they kept the car in for a week and said they took out the windscreen to get at the rattle..they said it was better than havin to remove the dash..

Advertisement