Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Social Facial Deal for Glam Central kilmainham

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

HI all,

has anyone availed of this deal or been to the salon?
    I bought it initially as it stated they have a location in Dame street too but when I called up they said it was a misprint..
    I tried to get my money back from living social and they said they only offer refunds within 7 days.
    :mad:
    so I called to make an appointment, 3 mobile contact numbers are listed,, and I emailed.. was told there was no availability and to call back...
    when I called back I gave dates and was told to call AGAIN...

really annoyed I spent 30e on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    HI all,

has anyone availed of this deal or been to the salon?
    I bought it initially as it stated they have a location in Dame street too but when I called up they said it was a misprint..
    I tried to get my money back from living social and they said they only offer refunds within 7 days.
    :mad:
    so I called to make an appointment, 3 mobile contact numbers are listed,, and I emailed.. was told there was no availability and to call back...
    when I called back I gave dates and was told to call AGAIN...

really annoyed I spent 30e on this

Really? I wouldn't stand for that. You bought it in the hope that you would be attending the location on Dame street, if they made a mistake and it was a misprint then it's their mistake and you are entitled to a full refund. Honestly I wouldn't give in to their seven day refund crap. Hassle them until they refund you, tell them you will go to the ombudsman and the media about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

anna080 wrote: »
    Really? I wouldn't stand for that. You bought it in the hope that you would be attending the location on Dame street, if they made a mistake and it was a misprint then it's their mistake and you are entitled to a full refund. Honestly I wouldn't give in to their seven day refund crap. Hassle them until they refund you, tell them you will go to the ombudsman and the media about it.

Thanks for your reply.. I thought if I could arrange an appointment for the facial I would be ok... but I cant even do that despite my emails, texts & calls..

Under what grounds do you think I could get a refund? solely on the basis of the misprint or the fact I cant get an appointment?

Thanks! !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.. I thought if I could arrange an appointment for the facial I would be ok... but I cant even do that despite my emails, texts & calls..

Under what grounds do you think I could get a refund? solely on the basis of the misprint or the fact I cant get an appointment?

Thanks! !

It was false advertising, be it a mistake or not. You bought the item under false pretences. You are therefore entitled to a full refund. I wouldn't give up on it to be honest, just keep pestering them. Know your consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stephmc

I recently bought a deal from Groupon for Glam Central Kilmainham (also called So Glam or So Glamorous) for a facial and I just wanted to warn people about the salon, the woman I dealt with was so unprofessional and rude and cancelled my appointment an hour and a half before it was due to happen and did not even call me....I had called her to make sure it was still going ahead! She then told me she would call me back to make another appointment but days went by and when I called her again she told me I would have to wait another 2 weeks, when I told her I was hoping for one sooner than that, she said to me "Do you want the appointment or not?" She then got very aggressive and it was the most unprofessional phone call I have ever had! I simply did not feel comfortable going into her salon to get any kind of treatment done so I called Groupon and they were fantastic, they apologised on her behalf and gave me a full refund. I will definitely buy from Groupon again but just wanted to warn people against So Glam/Glam Central because I wouldn't want anyone to experience what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Turtle26

Thank goodness I've found this post. Had a terrible experience there. Here's what happened:

We were rushed
    We were way overcharged
    We didn't get the treatment that was advertised
    Some of my old shellac was filed off rather than soaked
    My French shellac came out yellow
    There was lumps of gel polish on my skin
    My nails weren't filed I had to buy a file when I left to get rid of the ridges
    Loads of coats of gel we're put on so the polish is thick
    The white of the French is crooked
    My nails are different lengths
    The girl forgot which hand she was doing so the polish wasn't dry

In a nutshell I would totally avoid this place and would tell everyone I know never to go there.

Bad experience

• Advertisement

so I didnt go in the end and lost my money..my own fault.

I kept trying to call to get an app.. no time ever suited...and I never got a response to my texts.

she kept asking me my name every single time!!!and told me very rudely I was confusing her because I didn't mention what voucher website I had till the end!

she wouldn't confirm appoiment she kept saying it should be ok...and to call that morning just to confirm! decided it was too risky to arrange my Saturday around it.
    and the worst part was some of the facials were being done in soom room in Dame st!! after all that!!!

working in customer service I actually can't believe how I was treated and how they can even have a business!! at least groupon refunded it, fair play!!

Turtle26 wrote: »
    Thank goodness I've found this post. Had a terrible experience there. Here's what happened:

We were rushed
    We were way overcharged
    We didn't get the treatment that was advertised
    Some of my old shellac was filed off rather than soaked
    My French shellac came out yellow
    There was lumps of gel polish on my skin
    My nails weren't filed I had to buy a file when I left to get rid of the ridges
    Loads of coats of gel we're put on so the polish is thick
    The white of the French is crooked
    My nails are different lengths
    The girl forgot which hand she was doing so the polish wasn't dry

In a nutshell I would totally avoid this place and would tell everyone I know never to go there.

Bad experience
    hi there sorry to hear about that..a yellow French manicure ?!how!
    can I ask where was the salon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Turtle26

It must have been the uv lamp or the polish she was using either way my nails are yellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I would be careful with Living Social in general. I also had issues with a voucher I bought for something else, nobody ever answered the calls I made and there was no answering machine, no replies to texts or emails.... Living Social wouldn't refund me of course. I use deal sites a lot, I love a bargain but I haven't used Living Social since, their refund policies are bogus.

Advertisement