Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch test?

Options
  • 25-09-2014 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering do you really have to wait the full 48 hours for the patch test to develop? Would it make a difference if I waited 24 hours? Thinking of dying my hair at home. I currently have balayage/ombre but I want to dye over it with one colour. I haven't dyed my hair at home in years and I never used to do patch tests but I'd rather not risk it this time. I just really don't want to wait the 48 hours if it's not necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If you're doing a patch test you really should wait the 48 hours because some skin reactions would take that long to develop. I have to be honest though and admit I've never done one myself :D but I know of people who have had horrendous reactions, so if I was still using home colours I wouldn't risk it again.

Advertisement