Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

99 astra wiper problem

• 05-02-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys i just started having a problem with my intermittent wiper on my 99 astra was wondering what it could be. Just started happening all of a sudden yesterday, yet the other 2 wiper speeds are working fine. What could be wrong it starts moving then sticks in the middle of the screen and i have to flick the stalk again to get them back down. Would i fail the nct for this as i have it soon? Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭spree

A friend of mine had the same problem with a 00 Micra, he needed to get a new wiper motor. though I hand old box shaped Micra myself and the interm wipe was controlled by a little black box in the engine not on the motor at all.
    You could aks Opel on Airton road or your nearest Opel parts store, Ive bought a couple of parts for Opels over the years are there not the expensive, well compared to other makes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭sammy657

Ah dam hope its not too expensive its weird its just the intermittent wipe and not the fast wipe or fastest wipe. Hmmmmm would i still fail the nct with it? And is it a quick fix or is it a garage job how long would it take? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭rufio306

could be a bad connection in the wiper stalk also, or i suppose a sticking relay or something too, best bet would prob be to go to an auto electrician. doesnt really sound like the motor as its working on the other speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭sammy657

I mean its working fine on other speeds sticks a little but not alot when i have the windscreen washer working but very rarely its just motly intermittant and started all of a sudden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steo M

sammy657 wrote: »
    Hey guys i just started having a problem with my intermittent wiper on my 99 astra was wondering what it could be. Just started happening all of a sudden yesterday, yet the other 2 wiper speeds are working fine. What could be wrong it starts moving then sticks in the middle of the screen and i have to flick the stalk again to get them back down. Would i fail the nct for this as i have it soon? Thanks guys

This you ever get this sorted & if so what part needed replacing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP hasn't posted in 4 years.
    You can try sending them a PM or start a fresh thread describing your own issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement