Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bluetooth module in nokia car cradle ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Does the cable not unplug from the cradle? If it does, then unplug it and see if you can still pair your phone. If not, trace the cable back to the hideaway unit and unplug it from there. With either option you will no longer be able to charge your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

samhail wrote: »
    I think ive got something like http://www.nokia.ie/find-products/accessories-release6/all-accessories/car-solutions/mobile-holders/nokia-mobile-holder-cr-83 in my car.

Does anyone know whether the bluetooth module is in the cradle itself, or is it tucked away behind the console.
    I would like to cut off the cradle totally since i dont use it - but i want to keep the bluetooth facility.

Do you also have the silver Nokia button somewhere on the dash? If you do, then you should be able to connect via bluetooth without the phone in the cradle.

The Bluetooth module is elsewhere in the car - not in the cradle. It's probably in the "brain" behind the dash.

I removed the old cradle in my car and fitted a passive holder. Kept the pop port connector, but clipped the wire that went to the aerial. Pop port goes straight in to the bottom of my crappy old work phone to keep it charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah phone is too big for the cradle (N97) so i only use the bluetooth facility.
    The cable doesnt disconnect easily from the cradle and the other end goes into the dashboard though a little hole so would be a nightmare to take it apart. i might try and open the cradle at the weekend and have a gander, if noone comes back to me here who knows more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What sort of car is it? Chances are that the unit is behind the glove box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

R.O.R: yeah i do have the remote control button thing.
    the car is a lexus, but its a standard nokia cradle that was installed.

i just dont want to cut the power cable and not have the blue tooth anymore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bluetooth module is inside the little black box that all the wires connect into. only got one fitted a few weeks ago and left the cradle out, didnt need or want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You can unplug the connection for the cradle at the control unit which will generally be stuck up behind the glovebox in an untidy way. The other functions will still work. There is also a wire going from the cradle to a little antena also. This can be removed also.
    I had that system with a nokia n97 too in my last car. THe bluetooth works perfectly with voice dialing etc. Excellent setup.

Advertisement