Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any advice on selling a car quick!!

Options
  • 03-03-2004 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm in a bit of a panic to sell my 02 Avensis, it's a great car but costing to much to run for tax, insurance etc so want to sell it or part exchange for something smaller like a 1.3/1.4 and get a few quid back to pay some bills.

Have taken it to a few garages but obvoisuley they are offering silly money such as 98 Civic 1.4 for 7.500 and 5.500 cash back! Meaning i'm only getting around 13k form most garages i've been into.

But and this is the catch I've had in buy and sell for a couple of weeks for 15k and had not one call when I reckoned that was faily cheap for an 02 still under warranty. Has anyone sold a car through the auction route or got any experience on selling car privately and knows how long do they reckon it would take to sell....now i' new here but would appreciate your thoughts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Be patient! When selling my Corsa I got litle action for a month then suddenly everyone was interested! Keep suing buyandsell and any other low-cost or free forums.
    A piece of card with photo in the local newsagents and SuperValu (they have a notice board for anything/everything) is a good idea.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sammy

nice one, so am not being to impatient expecting great things after 2 weeks, just compared to what else is out there it's a good bit cheaper...anyway will hit supervalu with a nice card done up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Don't go near an auction. You *will* get crap money for it at an auction. If dealers are offering 13k as part exchange, then at auction you could expect to get maybe 11.5k.

Does the car have high mileage. For a 02 petrol Avensis, over 40k miles on the clock would probably be considered highish mileage and you will start to get disappointing offers for it. It depends whether it's a diesel or petrol - for a diesel 40k would be considered low mileage.

This mileage crap is a load of bollox cause as everyone knows Toyotas are just about bulletproof and can easily do 200-300k miles if well cared for. Still, that's the Way Things Are.

Another factor is that there is a new Avensis out which could affect resale value of the old model like yours.

That's not much help to you sorry. Don't despair, you will get to sell it privately. Keep trying the Buy and Sell. Toyotas are always popular and sell well. If someone does come to view it the cliche that having the car spotless when they arrive will help you make a sale is.....true. So make sure you do that.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Why don't you post up some details in the Classifieds\For Sale\FS General section here on Boards. You never know. Post a pic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sammy

mileage is low 23K and full serviced new brake pads the lot but put in autotrader today so fingers crossed but will put up in 'for sale section' so if anyone knows of someone looking for an evsnis you know where to point them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement