Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best website to buy a Gaggia Classic

Options
  • 01-10-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the home coffee making scene and was advised to buy a Gaggia Classic & Iberital MC2 grinder to learn and experiment.

Can anyone advise on the best place to buy these and any other accessories I might need?

Thanks for your help,
    Carl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

CarlLedge wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the home coffee making scene and was advised to buy a Gaggia Classic & Iberital MC2 grinder to learn and experiment.

Can anyone advise on the best place to buy these and any other accessories I might need?

Thanks for your help,
    Carl

hey Carl

Welcome to the forum.

Both machines are excellent, I personally own (still do) an Iberital, but I am not selling it.. although I am not using it I think is great as a spare in case my mazzer breaks one day.

I have heard of people getting the Classic in Amazon pretty cheap, but you will have to wait for an offer, at the moment costs around 220 pounds.

Happy Donkey sells the Iberital but I dont think they deliver to Ireland anymore. Maybe you can use parcel motel? I think I head of someone here ordering from them recently and using parcel motel without too many issues.

But then again, I havent ordered anything in ages so I am sure that people here will be able to give you better alternatives.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CarlLedge

So i just bought both... Now my joy/frustration of trying to make good coffee begins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

where did you end up buying them? Any good deals going?

Got the Gaggia Classic from £209 from Amazon. I was too impatient and excited to start waiting around for a deal :) So I'm smashed now for the month!!!

Got the Iberital MC2 grinder from HappyDonkey.com and used Borderlinx to deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I've been mulling over the idea of selling my Gaggia Classic as it has gotten very little use really. Most of my coffee drinking is at work where I have a Gaggia bean to cup machine for handiness and speed. It's dusty and could do with a clean so might be available after the weekend (mad busy at the mo'). Would be looking for €160 and will include a knock box and good tamper.

edit: apologies to mods if this is inappropriate but it seemed opportune and might sort the OP. Will delete if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi
    Been following forum for quite a while. Wondering would anyone know what's the difference between these two gaggia classic machines on Amazon, the R18161(£260) and the 9303/01(£209). Significant difference in price.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

could be wrong but think some models are now being made by Phillips while the others were actually made by Gaggia themselves. Although I'm sure someone will be along here soon to tell us which is which was thinking the same thing myself

Happy Donkey cancelled my order for the Iberital grinder!!!

"Very sorry following guidance from banking professionals we are no longer sending to shipping forwarding companies or anywhere in Ireland, your order will be refunded later today."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hi
    Been following forum for quite a while. Wondering would anyone know what's the difference between these two gaggia classic machines on Amazon, the R18161(£260) and the 9303/01(£209). Significant difference in price.
    Thanks

Same machine (Philips mentioned on both) - different sellers. The cheaper one looks like it can only be shipped to the UK so go with Parcel Motel and you'll get it at that lower price plus €3.95 to PM.

You'll also pay the (lower) UK rate of VAT by not shipping it to ROI - the £260 price on the more expensive quote will become £266.50 when you ask them to ship to ROI at which point Amazon will strip off the UK (20%) VAT and add Irish (23%) VAT.

Advertisement