Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chocolate biscuit cake

Options
  • 01-10-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at making a chocolate biscuit cake for one of my colleagues...his birthday is approaching and I know he loves chocolate and biscuits so I think this is a good cake to bake!

Anyone care to share a recipe that they swear by? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Cakes & Bakes.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

No actual baking involved in this concoction, I refuse to call it cake, you may as well eat a chocolate digestive :)

But anyway if you really want you could do worse than the Odlums recipe on their website, a lot of butter though and a quite soft texture. Another different type one made with condensed milk with a fudgier texture is the Daithi O'Se recipe from his time on The Restaurant, google will give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Hopefully not to late for the event with this

Have used this recipe a few times always with good reports

http://www.rolysbistro.ie/blog/tag/recipes/

The cake is solid but still cuttable
    You can skip the ganache part if you wish, I generally do
    For a party or something feel free to add bits of cut up fudge, malteasers, cut up crunchies and for an extra surprise some mint aero bubbles to the mixture

I added the mint aero bubbles for a house party once and for most of the evening the room rang to the surpsied sound of people going "Mmmm Mint!"

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

another vote for the odlums one, I don't add fruit / nuts, I add malteasers instead :)

Advertisement