Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remove pop out rivets help

Options
  • 30-09-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to replace my fog light bulbs and I need to remove the rivets, can anybody tell me how I can do this without to many tools!! I have a flat head screwdriver that I'm trying to work with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Don't attempt to remove them with a flat head screw driver. You need to drill them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ya they have be drilled out with a small bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Got them out with the screwdriver and a pair of scissors. Where there's a will there's a way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well there's a first time for everything :). I would have gone with the drill method. Did you manage to put it all back together after?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What car has rivets holding fog lights on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Maybe it's just misunderstanding - I found some people wrongly recognize push-on plastic clips as rivets. :)

Advertisement