Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro 100GB Limit

Options
  • 08-10-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

So I just had a webchat with a sales rep from Digiweb and inquired if there was a higher cap than the 100GB available for the Metro product and he said that they don't monitor the 100GB limit at the moment. I'm very skeptical as I've been with them for years and never heard anything like this before. His exact words were "unless the service is abused and you use upwards of 500gb per month we will not slow your speeds down at all".

Anyone else heard of this? I have e-mailed them directly just now to see what response I get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

3 Adults in my household and we easily top 300Gb's a month at the minimum. I wouldn't buy into a contract with any form of data cap if I could avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

That's the problem, I'm not in a fibre area, Digiweb are the best speeds I can get where I am and have been with them for the best part of 6 years, brilliant service and speeds, just dire caps.

Eir can only give me 4.5mb standard BB, nightmare getting it installed after being promised 15mb fibre and then it was completely unreliable with constant drops. Cancelled after 6 months.

Until SIRO comes knocking on my door I'll have to stick with Digiweb, just don't want to go mad on Netflix over the weekend without knowing whether the cap has been lifted or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I had the Metro 30Mb product before and they were enforcing the cap. Once you went above 120GB they throttled the connection to 128Kb until you got back below the limit, which could take a week. 128Kb/s is unusable for even simple web browsing btw so its effectively like being cut off. A couple of times I rang up support and argued with them until they reset the cap - the final time they refused to do this, so I cancelled.

This was a couple of years ago though, and was the reason I left them for a lower bandwidth DSL service.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Just got confirmation from their Customer Service by e-mail, happy days!:-

Good afternoon DVDLots,

Thank you for contacting Digiweb Customer Care.

I can confirm at the moment we are not capping our metro customers but
    customers seen to abuse this will be capped.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call us free
    from your landline on 1918. Alternatively you can call us from a mobile
    on 1890 940 400. If you are calling from abroad please contact us on 00
    353 42 93 93 300, or go to http://www.digiweb.ie/contact-us/.

Alternatively, our most frequently asked questions and useful
    information can be found on our support site www.support.digiweb.ie.

Kind Regards,

S***n.

Advertisement