Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Ireland/Eircom wholesale broadband provider for Sky Broadband

• 18-09-2015 1:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I had no Eircom phone

So contractors for BTI/E have made a mess in getting the line active on behalf of Sky so far since the middle of August 2015

I wanted to complain about BTI/E to COMREG but I have to complain about Sky, its not even Sky's fault

Sky have made every effort to sort out the mess

If it happens to others
    don't get angry complain to COMREG as its the only way of improving the process in the future

I am still committed in getting sky broadband or even sky fibre broadband

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

ftakeith wrote: »
    I had no Eircom phone

So contractors for BTI/E have made a mess in getting the line active on behalf of Sky so far since the middle of August 2015

I wanted to complain about BTI/E to COMREG but I have to complain about Sky, its not even Sky's fault

If it happens to others
    don't get angry complain to COMREG as its the only way of improving the process in the future

sky fibre broadband was worth the wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I had no Eircom phone

If it happens to others

Sky cannot take orders for new phone lines, all they want is to upgrade what's there and already working. Their efibre install process is also a joke, they refuse to use KN, instead get their own Sierra do the in-house part so the customer ends up with a line that's never tested, which is very important with efibre. The customer then gets charged by either KN or Eircom if there's a problem that needs a callout

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I don't think that it is correct to say that Sky cannot take orders for new phone lines. Certainly they seem very reluctant to do so - but apparently for some time now there is a procedure in place where the company that you wish to order you bb from should take the order for the new line where one is necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

sky fibre broadband was worth the wait

Is the sky fibre bb good? I'm out of contract with Eir in December and was considering changing to sky as the Eir has crept up in price to €53.

jca wrote: »
    Is the sky fibre bb good? I'm out of contract with Eir in December and was considering changing to sky as the Eir has crept up in price to €53.

yes its good its exactly like e-fibre but its slightly cheaper

• Advertisement

Sky cannot take orders for new phone lines, all they want is to upgrade what's there and already working. Their efibre install process is also a joke, they refuse to use KN, instead get their own Sierra do the in-house part so the customer ends up with a line that's never tested, which is very important with efibre. The customer then gets charged by either KN or Eircom if there's a problem that needs a callout

KN were used by Sky, well it was BT Ireland/eircom for connecting the phone line

KN were terrible until COMREG made them to do the phone line active or else

yes its good its exactly like e-fibre but its slightly cheaper

Yes, just don't let them do the install, fine if it's already done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dub45 wrote: »
    I don't think that it is correct to say that Sky cannot take orders for new phone lines. Certainly they seem very reluctant to do so - but apparently for some time now there is a procedure in place where the company that you wish to order you bb from should take the order for the new line where one is necessary.

All providers have access to all RAPs, thats the rules. Sky chose/choose not to use the provisioning services, but they've always had the option to if they weren't so tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Hi,
    Just thinking of switching from Vodafone Broadband only service over to Sky if I can get a good package. From a previous conversation with a sky sales rep he stated that sky cannot transfer a broadband only package. Is that correct still or has things changed?

Delboy

delboy76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just thinking of switching from Vodafone Broadband only service over to Sky if I can get a good package. From a previous conversation with a sky sales rep he stated that sky cannot transfer a broadband only package. Is that correct still or has things changed?

Delboy

Vodafone will get a line installed and then change it after to broadband only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi,

Delboy

Just be aware you have to take a phone line as well as efibre from Sky. And they charge €30 line rental which is more than any other provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Yes they can take orders for new lines, and have done for about a year. They can only do it for unique addresses though.
    jca wrote: »

It's the same line as eir, so no major difference really.
    ED E wrote: »
    All providers have access to all RAPs, thats the rules. Sky chose/choose not to use the provisioning services, but they've always had the option to if they weren't so tight.

I think KN's reliability had a lot to do with the decision (as well as money). KN are well known for not turning up for customer appointments. Sierra in fairness to them are a lot better, and with Sky's systems, they can give a customer a specific appointment for Sierra.
    Hi,

Delboy

It's still the case, Sky need a phone number and UAN to switch. Vodafone and eir's BB only products cannot be switched without activating a phone line first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Avada wrote: »
    I think KN's reliability had a lot to do with the decision (as well as money). KN are well known for not turning up for customer appointments. Sierra in fairness to them are a lot better, and with Sky's systems, they can give a customer a specific appointment for Sierra.

This predates KNNs involvement by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

ED E wrote: »
    This predates KNNs involvement by a long shot.

I'm just referring to the in-home install. KN were involved in NLP for eir before Sky launched fibre. KN were constantly missing NLP install appointments. Then when Sky Fibre was launched, Sky decided to use Sierra for the customer facing appointment.

Also, it means that an installer can do a tv and bb install on the same visit.

Avada wrote: »
    I'm just referring to the in-home install. KN were involved in NLP for eir before Sky launched fibre. KN were constantly missing NLP install appointments. Then when Sky Fibre was launched, Sky decided to use Sierra for the customer facing appointment.

Also, it means that an installer can do a tv and bb install on the same visit.

It then ends up a hit or miss fibre install, the line must be tested from the cab which never happens as Sierra have no access to it

Advertisement