Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony cdxs1000 not working

• 27-11-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

anyone know how to get a code for car radio? I have a sony cdx-s1000, not original radio that came with car. I have the serial number but dont know what to do with it from there.... cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Whats the problem with it. It should be able to be sorted by taking off the face plate and getting a pin and pressing the reset button for 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Droichead nua

**** is that all??? thanks I'll try that - thought ya needed some code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Not for most after market radios.

didnt work Ken :( any else I can try? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

ken wrote: »
    Not for most after market radios.

That's a rather crass generalisation. Many aftermarket units are code protected these days for the same reason OEM ones are.

@OP: I'd get on to Sony customer care. You might want to have the receipt for the radio handy to prove that you legitimately have the unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

anyone know how to get a code for car radio? I have a sony cdx-s1000, not original radio that came with car. I have the serial number but dont know what to do with it from there.... cheers

I got my OEM 106 radio code by posting a thread on this forum here: http://www.radiocodez.com/forum-71.html

Might be worth a go for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Are you sure this is a coded radio. When radio is turned on ..what is written / shown on front display.

Are you sure this is a coded radio. When radio is turned on ..what is written / shown on front display.

Just FM and the frequency but all I get is static no matter what I try tune in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Just FM and the frequency but all I get is static no matter what I try tune in

Yours is NOT a coded radio . What you have is either a faulty aerial or the tuner module inside your radio is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JCbiker

It does sound like the aerial has come loose from the back of the radio.
    can you take the radio out to check ?

• Advertisement

Yours is NOT a coded radio . What you have is either a faulty aerial or the tuner module inside your radio is faulty.

Sh*te! Thanks for the help, I'll look into that!

Advertisement