Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat aux IN wiring question

Options
  • 08-12-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

The aux IN port in the storage compartment between the front seats of my 2010 passat does not seem to be working. I have plugged in my mp3 player, set the radio to AUX, turned up mp3 player volume and radio volume and nothing happens.

Is there something else I should be doing?

I had a look at the underneath of the storage compartment via opening off the panel at the back of the storage compartment. There is a 4 wire cable feeding directly to the underneath of the aux connection, coloured black, white, green and yellow. The black one is detached from the head and i'm wondering if this is deliberate or has it been pulled?
    The connection onto the aux is very tight as in the wires just feel like they were left too short. Would only 3 wires be needed here anyway.... for left, right and common?

Assuming the black wire is also required for proper mp3 function, I have another question. There is another cable that appears near the cable for the 12v power supply in this area. It is also coloured BWGY and there is a white square 4 pin connector block on it. This cable seems to head in the direction of the Aux but it disappears underneath the bottom storage compartment so I can not be sure for certain that it ends up being the cable heading up into the Aux connector.

Given that the colours of the cable going directly into the Aux are the same as the colours in the cable I have described in the previous paragraph am I correct in thinking the cable near the 12v, coloured BWGY is the aux cable coming from the radio. If it is and assuming all 4 wires are needed for proper function I could try and reconnect an aux where the white connector block is as it is alot easier to access this than to try and do something with the pulled black wire...assuming it it pulled?
    your thoughts greatly appreciated...i just want to be able to play my mp3 player :)

Advertisement