Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help with cross fader issue...

Options
  • 08-01-2012 3:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to order a new cross fader for a Vestax PCV-275? I've not gone near my decks much in the last 12 months and when I have I've only really used the channel levels with the cross fader centered to mix in and out which I prefer not to do... the cross fader is acting up in that just as its sliding over to the right channel the left drops back in again at full volume, its intermittent but extremely annoying. Do I need a new cross fader or does anyone know of another solution? I've been back at the decks again over the last couple of weeks and would like to correct this finally!

Also, I assume it's an easy enough thing to replace once you get your hands on a part?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Try sounds around on capel street, fixed mine
    a few years ago when it was acting up. Worked a treat after :)

http://www.soundsaround.ie/

Oh, a friend of mine got his decks fixed here recently so maybe worth a call aswell.

http://www.aquariussound.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

could be as simple as dust gathered in the fader, blow in it, run the hoover over it and squirt some wd40 into it, see if that helps

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Cheers, I'll try clean it out first and failing that bring it into one of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

i wouldn't recommend spraying wd40, you want a contact cleaner or lube,
    you should get some DeoxIT contact cleaner/lube,

also regardoing the cross fader if its really dirty inside before buying a new one follow this video on how to open the actual fader and cleaning it, if the carbon fiber isn't worn out this should leave you with a almost brand new fader.

Cool cheers, I'll try that first so - it doesn't look overly dusty/dirty from what I can see and the mixer hasn't had massive use, although it is a good few years old now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

you'd be suprised at the dirt that gathers in there,
    also the slightest bit of dirt on the rails or that can make the crossfader really stiff,
    if your confident to give that video a go you wont be sorry, should save you buying a new crossfader,

also works on upfaders or any type of fader

you'd be suprised at the dirt that gathers in there,
    also the slightest bit of dirt on the rails or that can make the crossfader really stiff,
    if your confident to give that video a go you wont be sorry, should save you buying a new crossfader,

also works on upfaders or any type of fader

Yeah its had its share of things being smoked etc over it so could easily be ash in there somewhere too!

I'll definitely give it a shot anyway at the weekend, thanks for the help!

Advertisement