Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to park like a boss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Love the music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Awesome...

Just as an aside... Pantograph powered buses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Love the music!

Music makes this video twice more interesting ;)
    And suits it perfectly.
    All those gentle movements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

BX 19 wrote: »
    Awesome...

Seen them used in NZ. Good yokes actually and very quiet for city centres.

Nice parking too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

BX 19 wrote: »
    Awesome...

Very common in ex eastern block countries. Often used in conjunction with trams ...the buses extend the the inner city tram network to the outskirts without the need for laying track, only power lines.
    Some models even were hybrids with diesel and electric engines to be used on and off grid.

The commies weren't all bad, you know :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Are all Russian roads made of the same ****e that seems to be used in the manufacturing of all things in that country. Every Russian youtube clip involving a car/bus/truck seems to involve a random lack of traction and carnage.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Are all Russian roads made of the same ****e that seems to be used in the manufacturing of all things in that country. Every Russian youtube clip involving a car/bus/truck seems to involve a random lack of traction and carnage.

I would bet it's not the roads. It's the tyres ;P

peasant wrote: »
    Very common in ex eastern block countries. Often used in conjunction with trams ...the buses extend the the inner city tram network to the outskirts without the need for laying track, only power lines.
    Some models even were hybrids with diesel and electric engines to be used on and off grid.

The commies weren't all bad, you know :D

I've seen that thing once in one of eastern Polish cities.
    Could be an interesting idea, but to build it, the cost of lying the power lines, would probably extend what could be gained.

During communism times, they were probably not looking at costs, but ideas only - that's why it was built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

They are trolleybuses, used to be common in the UK from the 30s the mid 60s, often replaced trams when the track wore out. Remember riding on them in Maidstone when I was a kid. Still common not just in E Europe.

Neat bit of parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

WIN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Love it :D

And yes, the music makes it even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is he no doing a u-turn at the top of a slip road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

101sean wrote: »
    They are trolleybuses, used to be common in the UK from the 30s the mid 60s, often replaced trams when the track wore out. Remember riding on them in Maidstone when I was a kid. Still common not just in E Europe.

Neat bit of parking!

2r6ih7b.jpg

Never can resisit an oppotunity to posty a Reading trolleybus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

This is my home town - my parents were of the trolley bus era!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8gze_WIopPw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Look like he's rolling on some brand new Accelera P

Tallon wrote: »
    Look like he's rolling on some brand new Accelera P

I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

RoverJames wrote: »
    I doubt it.
    I know they're mostly used for drift cars, but some people do use them on their day to day cars

Tallon wrote: »
    I know they're mostly used for drift cars, but some people do use them on their day to day cars

I had them on the 520i I had last year, had never heard of them but they were on it when I bought it, found them very good. Bought a set for the ZT, again find them very good :) Both sets were Accelera Phi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,065 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I doubt it.

Driving in the rain and then suddenly sliding. Sounds exactly like Accelera tires to me.

Whoever it was, it looks they done really well to keep some manner of control on the car. They also got lucky with the break in the oncoming traffic.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Driving in the rain and then suddenly sliding. Sounds exactly like Accelera tires to me. ..............

And you've driven how many cars in rain with Accelera tyres?

• Advertisement

Only the one, but its been well documented on the internet if you care to do a search.

Did you have them on the rear wheels of the 520i?

Only the one, but its been well documented on the internet if you care to do a search.

It's also well documented on Alfa forums that many Alfa 159 folk find the Accelar Phi great in 19" guise, also Alfa garages are recommending them.

Did you have them on the rear wheels of the 520i?

Yep, full set of four, and a boardsie bought that 520i from the lad who I sold it to and also found the Accelera a fine tyre on it. I averaged 23mpg from the 520i over 6 months so it wasn't driven gently either.

No need for me to do a search to read about them when I have a 180bhp car outside shod with 4 of them ;)

Also the OP of this very thread recently commented that he found Accelera not bad at all.

Was it Accelera Phi you drove on?

Was it Accelera Phi you drove on?

I don't know to be honest. It was on my Dad's car and he asked me to have a look at it because the steering felt light on it when accelerating from stationary. It turned out it was wheel spin so i looked online for the tires, found some horrid reviews and changed them. The problem went after that. I can't remember if they were phi or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

In Soviet Russia, boss parks you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

In Soviet Russia car parks you..

I don't know to be honest. It was on my Dad's car and he asked me to have a look at it because the steering felt light on it when accelerating from stationary. It turned out it was wheel spin so i looked online for the tires, found some horrid reviews and changed them. The problem went after that. I can't remember if they were phi or not.

Weird, I didn't encounter that sort of lack of grip on ice in the cold spell last winter in the ZT, and the 520i really had to be encouraged to unsettle the back in the wet, in dry weather 'twas welded to the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Got to say I've driven Acceleras recently, and they were grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,716 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anyone know what music this is?

Kudos and thanks waiting :cool:

not sure unkel, but it sounds like a haydn quartet to me

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    not sure unkel, but it sounds like a haydn quartet to me

I'd say you're very warm!

Haydn String Quartet No.5 in D major, Op.64 'Lark'

Wouldn't have found it without your help, bluewolf. Muchas gracias amigo :)

damn!
    i had just narrowed it down to D maj and I was working through all the D maj quartets :D shoulda done that from the start :pac:

thanks! was driving me nuts :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    thanks! was driving me nuts :D

Same here :D

Just had to find out what it was.

This vid has gone viral and was shown up all over the world in the last few days and we are the first to credit the music I think :)

I must have watched this about 100 times now and it still is beautiful :D

what a great thread. Rarely does a thread wander so far off topic as to include Classical Music and Trolley Bus videos.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

I think thats Torqauy, and thats an alternative intro to Fawlty Towers, for the east.
    " BaSIL mind the trolley bus, Right Cybil fine, you drive"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

corktina wrote: »
    what a great thread. Rarely does a thread wander so far off topic as to include Classical Music and Trolley Bus videos.:D

And Roverjames getting in something about his ZT and his BMW, it's got everything!

Sorry RJ it's like I'm picking on you lately :pac:

not quite everything, no mention of Nazi Germany yet.

Advertisement