Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Call for cyclists - Dunlop Loop

Options
  • 20-09-2006 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭

Call for cyclists:

i am organising a performance this friday 22nd October as part of OUT OF SITE (a performance art series during the Dublin Fringe Festival). I am looking for cyclists to join me in forming a loop around Stephen Street, Mercier Street and Longford Street - the site of the first pneumatic tyre factory, opened by John Dunlop in 1889.

This route will serve to highlight the location of the (now long gone) old Dunlop Tyre Factory. John Boyd Dunlop set up the first pneumatic tire factory in the world on Stephen's Street Upper in 1889. The cycle starts at 7pm rain or shine and will last for an hour. It is not a race, all are welcome, come out and enjoy this fun and colourful celebration of an often overlooked piece of local history.

If you use a bicycle, spare a thought for John Dunlop this friday. The Dunlop Circle will raise the public's awareness about the Dublin history of this radical invention which we all use on a daily basis.

www.outofsite.info

Advertisement