Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair in flight Free Flight promotion

Options
  • 06-09-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I was on return Ryanair flights this week - on the return flight to dublin they announced there was a raffle on board to win a free return flight if you bought something from their food/drinks service. I just bought a bottle of water but wasnt given a ticket - thought it only applied if you spent over x euro as they only seemed to give them to people who bought several things. anyway a girl across from me actually won (well she did seem to buy half the food trolley to begin with) and I could see on the page she was given seemed like a ton of small print T+C.
    That got me thinking what was all this about and came across their announcement of this promo on the website -->

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=06&month=aug&story=pro-en-210806

but surely if the prize is excl taxes and charges then all you're probably winning is the 0.01 'fare' for each flight that go midweek and doesnt include school hols / sporting events etc etc

anyone know anyone who won one of these raffles?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I was awoken on a Ryanair flight last night by an ear-splitting version of that promotion. I'd paid €0.99 for the flight (excl taxes & charges :) ) and was tempted to personally thank each and every mug that bought a scratchcard or whatever for subsidising my trip.

So please everyone, NEVER read the smallprint. I'm relying on you to keep my flying cheap! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

mobpd wrote:
    anyone know anyone who won one of these raffles?

The guy who won the Readers Digest draw won it twice!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Whats the point in a free flight offer as opposed to a 99c flight when your paying 45 ish every time regardless anyway. Offer me some flights without the taxes and I might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It's difficult to know, obviously if you then get your choice of flight (e.g. not just the 0.01c ones) with maybe a reasonable restriction ("book two weeks in advance" say) then it would be reasonable.

I suspect it is similar to what you get with the MBNA card, if anyone knows the restriction on those.

Advertisement