Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 leaking coolant from radiator

Options
  • 26-02-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Just a question on recently discovered leakage from the radiator of a Peugeot 206. Coolant is leaking, slowly at the moment, dripping onto the floor by the passenger side. A quick check by mechanic has said it's definitely coolant from the smell. I was told by someone else that there is a sealant that you can pour into the radiator and it will travel to the point of leakage and seal that area if it is only small. Got an early quote from a garage for repair but it's fairly hefty, so looking at all options. I've been told it's a known problem on Peugeot 206's too.

Any advice or knowledge of other options would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Is the radiator itself leaking ? or is it a hose thats leaking ?
    Sometimes the hose clips (spring types ) begin to lose their tension and a small leak can develop.
    If there is coolant leaking it shouldn't be too hard to spot as there will be traces of whatever colour the coolant is around where the leak is .
    I have never used any of these sealers as I have taken cylinder heads off cars and found some of the smaller waterways blocked up by some sealer or other ; they will usually stop the leak but can lead to further problems later on.
    If the rad is leaking , and you intend holding on to the car , fit a radiator . You could try secondhand but may have the same problem again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭tphase

Had a similar problem with a 205 years ago. It had a small radiator buried in the dash to supply heat to the interior and there was a leak in the pipe supplying this rad. IIRC, it was a cracked O-ring in a joint. If you have the same problem, a sealant (eg Radweld) probably won't fix it permanently as these joints are supposed to allow for some movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

out of interest what was the quote? i done this job today and charged €150 for rad and coolant

Advertisement