Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec alarm

Options
  • 26-02-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi just wondering could anybody help me, I have an Astec alarm and since yesterday it has a warning on it saying contact engineer due to a fault in the battery. Can anybody direct me as to who can replace the battery and an approximate price??

Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of the suppliers listed in the sticky should have these batteries. Make sure you state that it is for an Astec system. No other size battery will fit behind the pcb. Not the easiest battery to change, proceed with caution and power down the system completely before removing the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dd1982

KoolKid wrote: »
    Any of the suppliers listed in the sticky should have these batteries. Make sure you state that it is for an Astec system. No other size battery will fit behind the pcb. Not the easiest battery to change, proceed with caution and power down the system completely before removing the battery.

I would have to call someone in to do it as I haven't a notion on alarms or anything electrical :( thanks for your reply though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

dd1982 wrote: »
    I would have to call someone in to do it as I haven't a notion on alarms or anything electrical :( thanks for your reply though

If in doubt I would contact a local company to do this for you.
    These systems are obsolete so damaging the board is something you dont want to happen.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

dd1982 wrote: »

Probably a good idea if your not confident on it. I'm sure you will find plenty in your area on the PSA register.

Probably a good idea if your not confident on it. I'm sure you will find plenty in your area on the PSA register.

+1

I would also watch out for company's wanting to upgrade your whole system when all you need is a battery change.

• Advertisement

+1 to that as well..

+1 to that as well..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stribach

Hi Koolkid
    Would you have an installation manual for an
    Astec 63 as I want to change the battery
    After switching mains off first,much appreciated
    Regards
    Richard

PMed you that.

Advertisement