Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi L200 pickup

• 24-10-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

If you are wondering about purchasing a Mitsubishi L200, I would advise you not to!!! I brought mine in England in 2007 and had 3 years of no problem driving. I am an aircraft technician and I serviced my pickup regularly!!! My problems started last November 2010. Engine management light came on and L200 would drive in go-slow. I drove it to a dealer at Noonans Cross in Dublin and they told me it was a pump over-haul! 1500euro was the quote. I was driving to Naas on the 20th of January 2011 when the No 3 conrod came out through the side of the block. Without going through the decision making, I overhauled the engine for 1250 euro including a replacement short block from Roscommon. I got the pump worked on in Portlaoise for 280Euro!! I started my 4x4 on Good Friday 2011. But the engine management light was still on and engine would go into go-slow. I gave the car to a mitsubishi garage and asked for a diagnostic printout. Cost me 80euro approx. Changed parts with new parts (all very expensive) but still engine management light coming on. I brought the car to Portlaoise after extensive investigation on the emission system myself. The lads in Portloaise re-mapped the ECU and since then, I have had no problems!!! Total cost to sort out the engine management light was 1800 euro approx. What a joke!!! So based on my experience, The car has a poor fault finding system and it is very much based on hit and miss even with the MUT (diagnostic Tool). Mitsubishi cannot fix your car instantly, but based on replacing parts until the problem is sorted, you will pay to fix a poorly designed emission system! And in my case, 1800Euro.
    Also, the conrods has a design flaw!! There is no locking mechanism to hold the nuts tight which hold on the Big End. There is no spring washer, castle nut, split pin so these nuts come lose at approx 100,000 miles. I modified the studs to prevent the nuts from ever coming loose again. Hence my engine overhaul. I love my L200 for what work it has done since overhaul, but I would advise anybody not to buy a L200 Mitsubishi!!! you will be paying dearly when it breaks down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is there really a need to post this thread in more than one forum? Thread closed as its also in 4x4's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement