Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Congestion map

Options
  • 14-09-2006 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭

Linky

I've been watching this from time to time over the last few days and I'm wondering if anyone else has and if they think it's accurate.

Several times in the last few days it shows a road as busy even though I'm just off it and there's not a car in sight. Sometimes you can even look at the cameras on the map and see that its not a busy as it says it is.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

The data from the Map is taken from the SCATS loops at the junction so for example if the junction at North Circular Road @ Phibsboro is v busy it will show red for all the approach roads it doesnt mean though that traffic is at a standstill along the full lenght of the road

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

Yes, that explains it alright. I just noticed it says that on the site too :rolleyes: Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Sweet - this has huge potential
    I mean GIANT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Great link. All it needs now more regular updating. Huge potential for my daily collections and deliveries.

crosstownk wrote:
    Great link. All it needs now more regular updating. Huge potential for my daily collections and deliveries.

It's updated every few minutes as far as I know, isn't that good enough?;o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Traffic wrote:
    The data from the Map is taken from the SCATS loops at the junction so for example if the junction at North Circular Road @ Phibsboro is v busy it will show red for all the approach roads it doesnt mean though that traffic is at a standstill along the full lenght of the road

Hope this helps

Could you explain what this means?

Looking at the notorious N4, all seems well in SCATS land, though the camera tells a different story...

One thing to keep in mind is that the cameras are frequently out of date. The current one on the M50/N4 junction is over an hour out by now whereas the data on the map is live.

Advertisement