Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla 1.5 to 3 cost?

Options
  • 20-03-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I have a website that needs upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3. I want to know how much it will cost to do this if I were to get someone to do it.

It's not a massive site and has a online store using virtuemart (about 15 products) All that needs to be brought over is the users and store information.

It needs to be responsive as the old site is not mobile friendly and thats were most of traffic is viewing from. If someone wants link to site, pm me.

Now, there isn't a job on offer here as I'll be doing it myself. I just need a ballpark figure I could show my employer as they wouldn't have a clue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I have a website that needs upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 3. I want to know how much it will cost to do this if I were to get someone to do it.

It's not a massive site and has a online store using virtuemart (about 15 products) All that needs to be brought over is the users and store information.

It needs to be responsive as the old site is not mobile friendly and thats were most of traffic is viewing from. If someone wants link to site, pm me.

Now, there isn't a job on offer here as I'll be doing it myself. I just need a ballpark figure I could show my employer as they wouldn't have a clue.

If it's not a massive site and there's only 15 products I would think the budget would be better spent getting away from Joomla entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

If it's not a massive site and there's only 15 products I would think the budget would be better spent getting away from Joomla entirely.

What would you suggest? One of the main reasons for keeping joomla was to keep hold of users.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Going from 1.5 to 2.5 is ok but then going to 3+ is a pain

plugins, themes, components and modules all have to be replaced. Database gets massive with all the tables. Idid one recently where I started with a fresh install of 3, copied the content over via database and setup menus, new theme etc - took 3days x costs

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Ya, it's gonna be a fresh install with new theme and bringing over users and store and articles

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aloud

I agree with a fresh install + new theme, i've exported articles and imported them to a 3.0 install from 1.5 but didnt work so well with VM products.

• Advertisement
Advertisement