Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaffney, Galwey and Genesis

• 07-01-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Both have put themselves in the frame in the media today, Gaffney for the backs job, Galwey for the team manager's role (don't have a link but he's been on the wireless).

Any suggestions? Personally think both would be well suited, have the respect of the players and seem headstrong enough not to be yes men to EO'S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd feel slightly better about the team if these two were brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

damienom wrote: »
    Both have put themselves in the frame in the media today, Gaffney for the backs job, Galwey for the team manager's role (don't have a link but he's been on the wireless).

Any suggestions? Personally think both would be well suited, have the respect of the players and seem headstrong enough not to be yes men to EO'S

A step into the right direction now just to get the mutiny going......

But in all seriousness Gaffney will add that extra umph to the backline if hopefully going with the Scarry approach by playing flat then we'd see them playing like old.

Galwey is probably one of the most respected players to ever play for Ireland i doubt he ll put up with any sh*t and hopefully get lads belief going. Id say he ll work wonders with Heaslip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Hopefully it marks the beginning of a gentle nudge in the direction of the door for 'ol Neddy boy...as a control freak his paranoia level must be going through the roof. Hope it doesn't become too Byzantine though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

daveirl wrote: »

Agreed, they'll get as much power as Eddie wants to give them.

Hopefully the IRFU will let EOS go after he gets his lions trip, but I think we're stuck with him till then at least !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Don't forget there's a shrink on the way too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jackz wrote: »
    Don't forget there's a shrink on the way too.
    Dr. Phil's obviously a shoe in for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Hopefully the IRFU will let EOS go after he gets his lions trip, but I think we're stuck with him till then at least !

I don't think he'll get the Lions, not as head coach a least. In the wake of the RWC best he can hope for is an assistant position, much like the last tour. In the unlikely event that Ireland have a stellar 6N, things might change....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Robbo wrote: »
    Dr. Phil's obviously a shoe in for this.

But only if he's finished with Britney first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

We need a good forwards/scrum coach - not a backs coach

smoke and mirrors :(

Gallimh for Team Manger, deffo! I dont think there should be another thought about it, give him the job now.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

if they brough those two in I would start to have some respect for the IRFU again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Defo looks bright with Gaffney in the fray for the backs jobs. BBC reports he would be in before Ireland Tour to Aussie \ NZ. Not much time to make a difference but as said I believe a great step in the right direction.

EDIT: notice that no appointments are being made til AFTER 6 nations? In other words "perform Eddie or we change the whole staffing"

Now I can't remember did the Genesis report state not to make changes till after 6 Nations or not, but that could be a deciding factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Genesis recommendations would not be implemented before or during this years 6N, and will be in place for the summer tour down under.

zabbo wrote: »
    Genesis recommendations would not be implemented before or during this years 6N, and will be in place for the summer tour down under.

I understand that, BUT was that the recommendation of Genesis or the procedure & recommendation the IRFU decided to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 welish

Do you not reckon the lineout and scrum have been below par for a while now? And some of our rucking is cat altogether. That stuff has to be attributed in some way to O'Donovan. And for a lad that's so anti-eddie, I'm surprised you have any time for O'Donovan. He's been there for Eddie's entire tenure.

welish wrote: »
    Do you not reckon the lineout and scrum have been below par for a while now? And some of our rucking is cat altogether. That stuff has to be attributed in some way to O'Donovan. And for a lad that's so anti-eddie, I'm surprised you have any time for O'Donovan. He's been there for Eddie's entire tenure.

Slightly off topic, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Irish pack this season. With the likes of some of the Leinster forwards (Jackman, O'Kelly) I believe we will have a strong MOBILE pack, not the strongest but possible the most versatile around the pitch

100% agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Slightly off topic, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Irish pack this season. With the likes of some of the Leinster forwards (Jackman, O'Kelly) I believe we will have a strong MOBILE pack, not the strongest but possible the most versatile around the pitch

squad hasn't been announced yet. don't get your hopes up

• Advertisement

Fair point but if they are not in the Squad I will have my doubts about whats going on in EOS and selectors heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Fair point but if they are not in the Squad I will have my doubts about whats going on in EOS and selectors heads

you don't already?

Advertisement