Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realex Payments has been bought by US company Global Payments

Options
  • 25-03-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭

Time to start learning Global Payments API!

Irish online payment technology firm Realex Payments has been bought by US company Global Payments in a deal worth €115m.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2015/0325/689653-realex-payments-acquisition/

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Kind of disappointing tbh, one of the core reasons I would have been recommending them is because they are Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

True. It was nice being a part of a successful "Irish" company with many different nationalities but this change will help us reach a huge number of potential merchants with the help of the branding that GP will do in other countries like America. My team alone that resells our product to GP merchants at the moment has 6 team members including the Team Lead. Our team will be getting bigger in the future to deal with more and more merchants. Some of the changes might be a good few months down the road but it is still quite exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I wish you the best of luck but when these listed companies talk over small private companies the original culture is generally lost in about 12 months

Once the branding goes (ie Realex becomes GP Irl) then the game is up

Nuttzz wrote: »
    I wish you the best of luck but when these listed companies talk over small private companies the original culture is generally lost in about 12 months

Well I'll get some experience during the good times with the current working culture and decide perhaps a year down the line what to do then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

anytime I've dealt with Realex or visited their offices it seems like a great place to work so hopefully it will last much longer than a year for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've dealt with realex over the years setting up clients. great bunch of people.
    Loved attending David Rookes security seminars when he was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nuttzz wrote: »

I read it was keeping the brand . has that chamged

I read it was keeping the brand . has that chamged

I missed the staff meeting because I had to stay on the phones likes some other Operation Analysts but I believe it will pretty much stay the same. I think there will be an extension of the name but will need to confirm that.

Advertisement