Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the all blacks, springbox and pumas are coming

Options
  • 05-01-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

as many of you probably know by now, the irfu have arranged a number of "friendlies" (as if they exist in rugby) against the all blacks, south africa and argentina to take place in croke park this year. i think its about time we put ourselves against decent opposition when we dont have to (unlike those dismal RWC warm up matches) wether EOS will still be there when they arrive in november is still up in the air but i think its worthwile discussing that these games really will put us to the test, and show us in the cold light of day, will we stand up? opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

as many of you probably know by now, the irfu have arranged a number of "friendlies" (as if they exist in rugby) against the all blacks, south africa and argentina to take place in croke park this year. i think its about time we put ourselves against decent opposition when we dont have to (unlike those dismal RWC warm up matches) wether EOS will still be there when they arrive in november is still up in the air but i think its worthwile discussing that these games really will put us to the test, and show us in the cold light of day, will we stand up? opinions?

When this happening then? Autumn series i presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Think this is only a good thing to be honest. Forget about the World Cup, We are a proud Rugby Nation with great potential and if we want to become that and want to be the best, we have to compete (yes prob get defeated at 1st) at that level before we can progress and grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nice moneyspinner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They're test matches, they happen every year. I don't get your point?

And we're not playing South Africa, we're playing New Zealand, Argentina and Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They're test matches, they happen every year. I don't get your point?

And we're not playing South Africa, we're playing New Zealand, Argentina and Canada.

canada? i know we are playing usa in thomond park, didnt hear about canada, according to the press release we ARE playin the springbocks. and i know they are test matches but its good that we are playing really good opposition for once, altho if we arent playin south africa that may be good, last year we played the WORST travelling south african team ever, and australia werent much better, with the all blacks you know your going to get incredible oppostiion!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well, in fairness, we always play one or sometimes two of the big SH three along with a "minnow". We can't control how out of form they are, nor can we play NZ every year. Sure they were here the year before last (though the less said about that the better).

The game in Thomond is against Canada, not USA. I didn't realise the press release said that about SA, the fixture isn't listed on the irish rugby website.

i cant find the press release wer i saw it before but heres the article accroding to rte last july when these fixtures were put together http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2007/0723/crokepark.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭phog

Are you sure about the press release saying we're playing SA? Have you a link?

Like Podge_irl I thought we were playing Canada on TP and playing All Blacks and the Pumas in Croke Park.

Fixtures here - http://www.irishrugby.ie/7051_260.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Darren_NZ

i dont think Ireland are playing SA this year at all.

Check out IRFU.ie and see the fixtures list.

phog wrote: »
    Are you sure about the press release saying we're playing SA? Have you a link?

no i cant seem to find the press release for some reason, the only thing i could find to back it up was the link from rte i posted above (but then again it IS rte so god only knows)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

AB's game is in Croker Saturday 15 November.

Looks like they will also play Munster in a midweek Adidas Promo game (bot teams kit are made by Adidas) in the new TP (its also 30 years this year since the game based around 'Alone it Stands')

AB's game is in Croker Saturday 15 November.

tickets will be like gold dust regardless of what club you are a member of!

Advertisement