Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster V Connacht

• 27-12-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

Another awful day for this perennial low scoring event.
    Hopefully we won't see a repeat of the 3-0 / 0-3 games of a few years ago.
    I have to say the last interpro was a terrible day as well.
    Oh well waterproofs all the way!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

i hope we at least manage 1 pt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MUNSTER -- D Hurley; J Kelly, K Lewis, L Mafi, I Dowling; P Warwick, P Stringer; F Pucciariello, F Sheahan, T Buckley; D O'Callaghan, D Ryan; D Leamy, N Ronan, A Foley. Reps: J Flannery, M Horan, M O'Driscoll, J Coughlan, G Hurley, R O'Gara, B Murphy.

CONNACHT -- G Duffy; L Bibo, D Riordan, M Deane/A Wynne, O Treviranus; A Dunne, C O'Loughlin; B Wilkinson, A Flavin, R Morris; M Swift, D Gannon; M McCarthy, J O'Connor, C Rigney/J Muldoon (capt). Reps: J Fogarty, R Loughney, A Farley, R Ofisa, C McPhillips, P Durcan, A Wynne/D Yapp.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Good result in the end for munster, bad luck in the injury to dowls, hope it's not too serious but his reaction says otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Junior wrote: »
    Good result in the end for munster, bad luck in the injury to dowls, hope it's not too serious but his reaction says otherwise.

Old Dougie Howlett must've put the hex on him.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Terrible timing for Dowling who has been in great form this season since losing a bit of excess baggage. Adequate performance. Lineout went well given the conditions. Played keep-ball very well and were very disciplined in defence until the last few minutes when the jig was up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,352 ✭✭✭✭phog

Good enough result on the night but for the weather this should have been a 5 pointer for Munster. With Dowling injured I suppose Howlett will go to the wing, Carney on the other and the ever reliable Payne will continue at FB.

A big thank you to John Kelly who made his final appearance for Munster last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

If I was Michael Bradley I'd stick a shock collar on Johnny O'Connor and zap him everytime he tries to go offside. He causes more trouble for his own team than the opposition sometimes.

I hope Dowling's injury is nothing longterm I could see him being picked in the 6 Nations squad if he's fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

GDM wrote: »
    If I was Michael Bradley I'd stick a shock collar on Johnny O'Connor and zap him everytime he tries to go offside. He causes more trouble for his own team than the opposition sometimes.

Discipline is an issue but he's looking hungry again and really got in Munster's face...couple of nice steals on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

A good send off to a fantastic servant of Munster Rugby. Thanks John Kelly.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

From what I gather it's a medial ligament that he's done in, so 4 to 6 weeks out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,352 ✭✭✭✭phog

From what I gather it's a medial ligament that he's done in, so 4 to 6 weeks out..

So he'll be back for the Q/F;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

:( And he was playing really well! Though it does clear up the selection issue for when Carney, Dowling, Payne and Howlett were all in the running for positions.....But still!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Not according to the news this morning.
    6-8 wks out unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not according to the news this morning.
    6-8 wks out unfortunately.

It could have been much worse, he could have broken his leg and been out for six to eight months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

daveirl wrote: »

6 weeks is standard recovery time for a medial ligament tear. Did it myself last year and was back playing after 6 weeks. First 3 weeks are pain and limited mobility, but once you get back to light training it improves rapidly. At least it wasn't ACL....

• Advertisement
Advertisement