Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar shopping looking for cream of the crop?

Options
  • 10-12-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

So I'm selling my guitars and putting money towards a high end acoustic, I have about €2000 so I'm spoilt for choice!

Any suggestions? I know the usual Martin, Taylor etc but could I get a custom made or atleast a luthier made guitar at this price range? (May be able to push an extra hundred..)

I've played a Ó Ráinne which was not short of the best guitar I've ever played but I'm just keeping my opportunities open.

Any suggestions? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Lowden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

seachto7 wrote: »
    Lowden?

I was thinking the same, but have you seen the price on those things? :eek:

If I had that money I'd be trying to pick up an older acoustic, like a vintage Guild.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

What type of body size do you want? With 2k I'd buy a Martin HD-28. A mundane choice, perhaps, but a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

I actually decided to save my money and buy a little martin because I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing a expensive guitar to college...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

What's with the trend in Guild acoustics these days?

• Advertisement
Advertisement