Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones to Amp - distortion noise

Options
  • 03-12-2014 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I want to use my Bowers & Wilkins P7's with my guitar amp. I bought 2 different extension leads to enable me to do this. With both sets, I am getting a distortion-like noise in my P7's. This is when I have distortion turned off. I took out the extension lead out of the equation to see where the problem lay. I plugged my P7s directly into my amp and there is no noise - they sound fine. I also plugged a different set of headphones into the extension lead and there is no distortion.

Can anyone tell me if this is a fault with the P7s or the leads?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Does it have a headphone-out jack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Does it have a headphone-out jack?

What is that? I have a hole that is labelled 'Headphones'. That's what I'm using.

Advertisement