Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rebuilt / Re-used church

• 10-09-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I am trying to find out some info regarding a church at the following co-ordinates on Google Maps,

53.312123,-6.773973

There are ruins of a much older church in the yard, and the church seems to have been modernised at some point in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Hey folks,

I am trying to find out some info regarding a church at the following co-ordinates on Google Maps,

53.312123,-6.773973

There are ruins of a much older church in the yard, and the church seems to have been modernised at some point in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like it was extended between the time of the 6" map (late 1830's) and the 25" map which was done in 1908.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,681738,729726,7,9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hi dubhthach,

Yes it has deffinitely been re-used and modernised but since abandoned, all the windows and doors have been walled up to about 8 feet from the ground.
    But it has a few features that I did find interesting, the spire is square outside but circular inside.
    However, mainly I wanted to find out about the ruin at the N.E. end.

Advertisement