Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report document MySQL versus MS Access

Options
  • 05-12-2014 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi, i need to make report documents, i am working with mysql workbench i am wondering if i can make reports on this or can i export the data into MS Access to make the reports there?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Hi, i need to make report documents, i am working with mysql workbench i am wondering if i can make reports on this or can i export the data into MS Access to make the reports there?
    Access comes with the functionality to create your own reports for export. With MySQL you'll need to use a third-party product to do this.

Which you use should really be based upon what level of reporting you need, how much time you want to spend creating the report templates and the volume and complexity of your data mining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Access comes with the functionality to create your own reports for export. With MySQL you'll need to use a third-party product to do this.

Which you use should really be based upon what level of reporting you need, how much time you want to spend creating the report templates and the volume and complexity of your data mining.
    Thanks i used access

• Registered Users Posts: 7,322 ✭✭✭jmcc

There's also a MySQL for Excel mod for Excel that might be worth examining if you need to make spreadsheet based reports.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement