Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Parts Ireland

Options
  • 03-06-2012 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with them? Never heard of them before and I just seen they have a digi camera I want a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

Thanks

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Feedback on their Adverts page, a couple of longtime Boardies on there. PM them maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Feedback on their Adverts page, a couple of longtime Boardies on there. PM them maybe.

No problems here.
    I just got a Samsung Smart TV from them. It was 159 euro less than Harvey Norman and free shipping. The TV came from France so it's much like a Pixmaia purchase.
    Manual was English plug had an adaptor for Ireland. Warrantee was Eastern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I got a Samsung SSD from them, delivery time said 4-6 days but it actually took 8 days to get here, and it came from France as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dano1066

If you can get the same item on Pixmania i recommend getting it there instead. Spent 720euro on tv from them and it was a serious pain. Took over 2 weeks for them to ship the tv and getting any contact from them was difficult. It seems the website allows you to buy things that are out of stock. Over the course of the week i was told we expect it to arrive tuesday........then we expect it tomorrow etc. they kept leading me on. They clearly didnt know when it was arriving. I eventually got sick of it and rang them, but i couldnt get an answer. The product eventually was back in stock and i was told it would be posted to me first thing the next morning and the tv would arrive the next working day. Turns out they ship things from France not ireland. The prices might be good here, but its not a very professional service. I have learned my lesson and will buy from pixmania from now on.

They didnt do anything wrong but when you pay 720 euro for something its quite scary to think that you might have been scammed. They didnt do a whole lot to make me feel like my money was in safe hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 M_Ward

trackerman wrote: »
    No problems here.
    I just got a Samsung Smart TV from them. It was 159 euro less than Harvey Norman and free shipping. The TV came from France so it's much like a Pixmaia purchase.
    Manual was English plug had an adaptor for Ireland. Warrantee was Eastern Europe.

What is the impact of the Eastern Europe Warranty? is it still valid in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

They are about 10% dearer for PC components than http://www.hardwareversand.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KiljoyMcCoy

Thinking about ordering a tv from them. Are they any good ? or should avoid all together? they are about 100 euro cheaperr than pixmania on the TV i want to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

I was happy with my Samsung TV.

They source from the same places as Pixmaina... so why not save the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

trackerman wrote: »
    I was happy with my Samsung TV.

They source from the same places as Pixmaina... so why not save the cash.

Seriously tempted,great price on this computerpartsireland.com/products/LG-55UB850V-55-3D-LED-TV-Smart-TV.html cheapest by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drimnaghcastel

i was thinking to buy computer parts from them - the only payment method they are asking is Bank transfer - no credit card or Paypal - ( the part I'm thinking to buy is 150 euro cheaper then else where) So is it safe to Shop with them using the provided bank transfer payment method?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aaron547

they want to be paid by bank transfer is that safe?

just wondering if anyone got anything from the recently

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

Has anybody bought recently using the bank transfer payment method?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

eggerb wrote: »
    Thanks.

Never bank transfer with them but if its any help to you I've never had an issue with them I pay using PayPal or credit card always been no problem.

I don't see why would you want to do a bank transfer. PayPal is much easier and safer as well.

Thanks jayo26 & GvidoR. I would prefer credit card or PayPal but they seem to only accept "Online Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit" per their payment page here.

Oh, I didn't know that they changed their payment options. To be honest, I'd stay away from a site where the only way to pay is by a bank transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Alot of the sites have changed to this, as above I didn't realise cpi had changed too, one of the most recommended sites on here is hardwarevesand.de and they do bank transfers and PayPal not many problems with them and are very cheap prices. Id love to say keep shopping local but it is hard I companies like this make it harder to pay and prices are still not the cheapest around.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Hi has anyone had success with delivery of large items from these??. Just wondering by paying direct into there bank account is secure and has any comeback if there's a dispute?

Hi has anyone had success with delivery of large items from these??. Just wondering by paying direct into there bank account is secure and has any comeback if there's a dispute?

I ordered a TV and paid by bank transfer. They are a registered company (Riverview Sales Ltd) with an address in Dublin 10. I am assuming you could take a claim in the small claims court if you had an issue - probably not much good if they folded before they processed your order. My order was processed very quickly, subsequently shipped from France and I'm expecting delivery tomorrow. I spoke to them by phone and they seemed fine. Check out their returns policy and have a chat with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Cheers let me know how everything is when it arrives if you don't mind..;)

I ordered a TV and paid by bank transfer. They are a registered company (Riverview Sales Ltd) with an address in Dublin 10. I am assuming you could take a claim in the small claims court if you had an issue - probably not much good if they folded before they processed your order. My order was processed very quickly, subsequently shipped from France and I'm expecting delivery tomorrow. I spoke to them by phone and they seemed fine. Check out their returns policy and have a chat with them.

TV arrived no problem. Was shipped by Pixmania in Paris ... possibly the wholesale arm. So, I had no problems at all. After I did the transfer, the processing and shipping was quick. (6 working days). I suppose they are only in control of actually placing the order with their suppliers. I've had pain with Pixmania in the past so shipping could have been longer.
    Should have said, the transfer I did was to the account of Riverview Sales Ltd and their registered address with the CRO is a Dublin address. The addresses on their website are in Portlaois. All totally legitimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

@eggerb -your posts were quite timely as I was considering ordering a Samsung TV from this company as they were undercutting Pixmania's price by quite a margin. I had not come across them before. Do you know what the situation is with regards to the manufacturer's guarantee if something goes wrong? Is it considered to be under a French guarantee (sort of a "grey" import) or will the Irish agents handle a repair locally? I wouldn't like to be shipping a large-screen TV back to France!

Can I ask who delivered it? Most courier firms don't deliver on Saturday.

expecting delivery tomorrow
    Sorry, should have said 'later today' when posting at half two in the morning. It arrived Friday pm via Johnston Logictics.

The pan European warranty here seems to apply. When I spoke to them they assured me they would broker any warranty claims. I probably should have looked into the warranty a bit more! Fingers crossed. It is something any prospective buyers should consider carefully. It's worth noting that manufacturers such as Sony and Panasonic are offering 5 Year Warranties through the likes of Currys and Power City and that these extended warranties will definitely not apply if you purchase through the channels being discussed here (unless they explicitly mention it).

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Ordered a 50" TV from them, got it with in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alex.lennon

jayo26 wrote: »
    Never bank transfer with them but if its any help to you I've never had an issue with them I pay using PayPal or credit card always been no problem.

Don't worry guys they are reliable, I dealt with them just recently, ordered a laptop and done a bank transfer, I got in touch with them to say I'd transferred money, I received the confirmation call the next morning to confirm they had got my money and my laptop arrived the same afternoon, the laptop was 1130e worth so I was a bit skeptical too, but from my own experience they are good, I wont mind buying from them again

• Registered Users Posts: 25 veray

Tried to email them several times, unfortunately no reply. very unprofessional approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

veray wrote: »
    Tried to email them several times, unfortunately no reply. very unprofessional approach.

My pet hate regarding any business. Why have an email if you're not going to reply.

Personally, I found them very professional to deal with. They came back to me by email in a reasonable time - both pre sale and after I ordered. They are a very small operation by my reckoning. They processed my order with their supplier much quicker than dealing directly with some large retailers. Try telephoning them if you haven't already gone elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Akeo

Thanks.

I recently purchased an Intel NUC from them (D54250WYK - pretty happy with that unit! :)), using bank transfer, and had no issue.
    Shipping was surprisingly fast too and originated from Dublin using a courier, even as I picked the "free delivery" option.

This was my second time using their services, and they seem to be doing a decent job in my book. As with any reseller, they may have issues getting stock though, and I ultimately had to cancel my very first order with them, which was for a bunch of Seagate HDDs, as they had a supply issue. But when that happened I had no problem getting in touch with their customer service, and they regularly called back to provide status updates. When I eventually cancelled that order, because it was just taking too long, I also had no issue getting a full refund.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll have no trouble shopping with them again. But of course that's just my personal experience on a couple of orders.

Advertisement