Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ exit poll innaccurate

Options
  • 26-02-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭

It seems the the RTÉ exit poll is significantly wrong, at least in Dublin in relation to the FF vote. Seems some of the hardcore FFers were too mortified to tell the exit pollsters that the voted FF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It seems the the RTÉ exit poll is significantly wrong, at least in Dublin in relation to the FF vote. Seems some of the hardcore FFers were too mortified to tell the exit pollsters that the voted FF.

I wondered about that earlier. I can hope they'll still get wiped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Ray Burkes Pension

Tbh I was a bit surprised so many people have so much faith in a poll of 3,000 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Yes I saw John Bowman make this point a while ago.

The exit poll was out by up to 7% in the one Dublin constituency for which we have the official poll, Dublin West. There, twice as many people voted FF as the exit poll indicated, and the exit poll is out by similar amounts elsewhere in Dublin.

Shy Fianna Fail syndrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I predicted this yesterday. FF voters, like Tories and DUP voters, don't tell the truth to pollsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Tbh I was a bit surprised so many people have so much faith in a poll of 3,000 people.
    3,000 samples from a wide spread would be considered significant enough to omit random sampling errors. Many accurate Irish polls have previously been based on fractions of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

The cognitive dissonance, the mental shame that must be going on in these liars heads. I'd understand hiding your vote under a regime where you could be killed for showing certain views but this is sheer embarrassment. If you are embarrassed about something it's usually because you know it is wrong. So these people should be ashamed that they continue to vote FF for what can only be interpreted as blind loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

It was accurate to 0.05% last time out. And it is accurate this time. It's accurately shown FFers are lying self servicing gombeens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Think Daragh O'Brien has a squak in Dub North but Farrell will prob get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lucifer_666

If that's true?... what is with these people who seem to just be preprogrammed to vote FF? Like what do politicians need to do to lose these people's support? Kill someone? They have already proved that they can kill an economy and that seems to be now not enough :confused:

Hopefully the tally is correct though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If that's true?... what is with these people who seem to just be preprogrammed to vote FF? Like what do politicians need to do to lose these people's support? Kill someone? They have already proved that they can kill an economy and that seems to be now not enough :confused:

Hopefully the tally is correct though

Exit poll had FF on 8% in Dublin but first counts/tallies have them on 12%+. They also appear to be up in the rest of the country compared to the exit poll. Shame on these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Yea, if you voted for FF you would be mortified to admit that too to anybody.

Advertisement