Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karrimor running shoes?

Options
  • 13-01-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Is this brand any good for shoes?

I know they seem to be cheaper than other brands. But are they any way ok?

I just go walking/jogging 2 nights in the week (a 4 mile loop near my house)

I don't need anything too fancy. I have a nice pair of Adidas but I wear them a lot in general so want to buy a pair that I use solely for walking/jogging and it doesn't matter if they get dirty/wet/worn.

And I don't want to break the bank, any suggestions? Would like to stay around €40 or less.

Comments

Karrimor make "value" clothing and footwear. They are ok in walking / hiking boots / shoes but they don't really have much form in running shoes. For waking / hiking therefore they're ok but personally wouldn't buy their footwear for running/jogging. If you want a cheap pair of jogging shoes and if you know what type of running shoes you need (neutral, stability etc.) you could try sportsshoes.com.

http://www.sportsshoes.com/products/running/shoe/#__utma=1.1492421096.1389347283.1389347283.1389607112.2&__utmb=1.2.9.1389607138575&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1389347283.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=114055303

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

sorry to jump in on the thread but was wondering what the New Balance brand are recognised as? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

big_drive wrote: »
    sorry to jump in on the thread but was wondering what the New Balance brand are recognised as? any good?

NB are the official kit supplier to Athletics Ireland and sponsor a number of our top athletes, including Fionnuala Britton. You can count on it being good gear.

One thing to note is that along with other manufacturers such as Nike/Adidas/Puma etc, they have a range of fashion trainers that shouldn't be confused with proper running shoes.

If there's a specific shoe you're interested in, ask here and you'll probably find someone who wears them who can provide personal feedback on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

big_drive wrote: »

I hope so, I have 4 pairs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Anyone know where you can get karrimor running socks in or near Dublin please ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

niceoneted wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get karrimor running socks in or near Dublin please ..

Most sports worlds, one in Carrickmines, it had Karrimor socks there on Sat anyway.
    I've a few pairs, find them a little heavy and prone to retaining moisture / water.

Advertisement