Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCZone IE

Options
  • 13-10-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭

Any of you familiar with these guy's? May even be members here?, I don't know.

They don't seem to say where they are based in their about page (Probably Web based group of enthusiasts) and their contact Info is the normal email Addy.

Anyone used them? How are they when it comes to quality stuff\builds & pricing?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

The company number on the footer of their website doesn't look right.
    According to the CRO
    http://search.cro.ie/company/
    that number is for "House of Golden Harvest"
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/House-Of-Golden-Harvest-Limited-521729

Maybe it's a typo, but I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Tried going onto the site and got an alert off google saying the site is not private and attackers from the site can obtain details. Steer well clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I see from Google that he\they are in killarney, Kerry.

A friend was looking at this from them and was asking my opinion.

I don't game but I would imagine that the G card in that system is not a really bad card but it's by no means a great card either. The case is pretty cheap too retailing at Approx 38 ish. Other than that the build is not too bad but I'm way out of tune on the overall price, good bad, very bad?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

I wouldn't even call the website amateur, it is truly awful! Seems like something a 16 year old made or something to try and make money.

Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole and there parts are the most expensive ive seen. Everything (RAM, SSD, Processors, Graphics cards are 30 or 40 euro overpriced or even more.

All the guys in PC building and upgrading forum use Hardwareversand (the cheapest), along with Dabs and Amazon.

The 260x also isn't a good card. All seems fishy to me! Whats your friends budget?

He is also advertising a 4460k cpu with that PC which doesn't exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm afraid my friend is more influenced by looks rather than anything else and as far as I know he does not game either. I really believe he needs a good home small office setup to be honest, but he gets a little carried away with gadgetry me thinks :) It could be the blue LED's on the fans and the case shape that caught his eye.

I'll get hold of him and try see what exactly he wants it for and what type of budget he's got.

One thing I'm sure of, and that's "A self build is out of the question" so it's going to be purchased ready to go wherever he buys.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

I'm afraid my friend is more influenced by looks rather than anything else and as far as I know he does not game either. I really believe he needs a good home small office setup to be honest, but he gets a little carried away with gadgetry me thinks :) It could be the blue LED's on the fans and the case shape that caught his eye.

I'll get hold of him and try see what exactly he wants it for and what type of budget he's got.

One thing I'm sure of, and that's "A self build is out of the question" so it's going to be purchased ready to go wherever he buys.

Then just an I5 dell for 500 would do the trick. Hardwareverand puts the PC together for you for 30 euro. You just pick the parts. Lads in pc building or good. All parts are top quality that you pick!!

Advertisement