Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank you

• 03-02-2009 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭

I just want to say thank you to the couple who stopped on the N81 and to the 2 lads who stopped also, when I got stuck in the snow tonight. I was in the saab convertible and thought my clutch had slipped.

you all stopped when everyone else drove by and beeped, so all I can say is a massive thank you, there still are some really decent people out there. hope you read this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I'd also like to thank God and the Academy...

[/hijack]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why didn't you just thank them after they helped you out. They might not ever see this thread and just think you're ungrateful. You should put a picture of yourself with the word thanks on every billboard, in every newspaper, on every tv station (except tv3, nobody decent watches that shíte) in the country to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Soun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I was just about to post a rant about how ungrateful people are after you help them.After me and the OH give a car a push last night the lad jumped into the car as quick as he could saying he needed to get to a computer.......

Your welcome:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

Why didn't you just thank them after they helped you out. They might not ever see this thread and just think you're ungrateful. You should put a picture of yourself with the word thanks on every billboard, in every newspaper, on every tv station (except tv3, nobody decent watches that shíte) in the country to make up for it.

i did but was flustered and they pushed me off, so didn't get to say it properly enough. they might not see it, but you never know

good idea with the billboards AC:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

patrickc wrote: »
    i did but was flustered and they pushed me off, so didn't get to say it properly enough. they might not see it, but you never know

good idea with the billboards AC:pac:
    You could also start one of those chain emails. You know the ones that end with "If you don't send this onto 100 people within 10 minutes your head will explode and everyone you know will be in a horrible accident and die horribly".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You just posted this to brag that you drive a saab convertible, didn't you? :p

orestes wrote: »

it's only a 97.... not worth alot...

it's only a 97.... not worth alot...

Something like this

http://www.saabhistory.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/saab_900_convertible_1986.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

orestes wrote: »

Hey, i would! But i dont and well to be honest am better off stayin quiet on that one so. . . . Am ya . . . Im outta here!

• Advertisement

slightly newer unfortunately... that shape is nicer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Was his name...The Citizen?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They shouldn't have helped at all, thats what you deserve for buying a convertible when you live in Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,050 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Was his name...The Citizen?
    I miss that chap. You could almost feel the cape flapping behind him when he posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Overheal wrote: »
    I miss that chap. You could almost feel the cape flapping behind him when he posted.

What do you mean you miss him? He's still around. In fact he got Post of the Day. He's probably out gritting the roads and dishing it out to the scum on the streets as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,050 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Then he's always off fighting crime when im not around.

Waiiit a minute....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

mp1972 wrote: »
    They shouldn't have helped at all, thats what you deserve for buying a convertible when you live in Ireland...

get jealous much?!? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

slightly newer unfortunately... that shape is nicer
    God, how could you find an uglier shape than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Overheal wrote: »
    You could smell the bull**** too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

get jealous much?!? ;)

Nope. I don't own a car at all as I have no need for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

OP, they don't deserve your thanks.

God, I hate thanks whores.

it's the 2nd car for fun
    ScumLord wrote: »
    God, how could you find an uglier shape than that?

nah thats a beauty
    00112984 wrote: »
    OP, they don't deserve your thanks.

God, I hate thanks whores.

well I don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

... I got stuck in the snow tonight. I was in the saab convertible....

Driving in that weather in a convertible ?
    They must've thought you weren't the full shilling.

Driving in that weather in a convertible ?
    They must've thought you weren't the full shilling.

the roof was up, just the same as any other car when it's up. i was hardly driving with roof down and it minus 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

+1
    Sure isn't it common sense to know that the mobility of your car in snow directly relates to what roof is actually on your car. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Thanks also to the guy who gave up his seat to my girlfriend (with crutches and knee injury) on the 8:10 Sligo to Connolly

And an eternity of dinners of yellow snow to the relentless b*itch yesterday on the same train.

You know who you are, as does everyone who suffers through the freezing, standing commute every morning at Maynooth, just as we all know you elbow your way past people far more deserving every day to get a seat for your (quite frankly, unhealthily) large behind.

And also, to the general climate of chivalry on the morning service that denied a visibly pregnant woman a seat for the half-hour trip in last week. A credit to humanity, though I suspect more likely Ireland.

efla wrote: »
    Thanks also to the guy who gave up his seat to my girlfriend (with crutches and knee injury) on the 8:10 Sligo to Connolly

You mean she has a BF..........

Damn,I thought I was in there:(:(

Advertisement