Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me to choose!

Options
  • 03-10-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm due an upgrade and want to go android. I have narrowed to what I think is best from the this page http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/

HTC One X (Price of 170)
    HTC One S (170)
    SGSII (170)
    Xperia S (140)

I'm debating between the One X and SGSII going by reviews etc but I'm not sure what to go for just yet so what do ye think?!

Also do these phones come unlocked? And if not is there a certain period you have to wait before they are. I could root but don't want to void my warranty just yet.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pick anyone of them, they all have their pro's and con's. Personally i'd go for the one s as it's the lightest and best battery. If camera is important i'd go for the One X or Sony S there both cracking phones. The Sony comes with 4 nfc tags which is kinda cool.
    All good phones, you won't be disappointed just make sure emobile have 3G coverage where your going to be using it most if you don't have wifi access there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Pick anyone of them, they all have their pro's and con's. Personally i'd go for the one s as it's the lightest and best battery. If camera is important i'd go for the One X or Sony S there both cracking phones. The Sony comes with 4 nfc tags which is kinda cool.
    All good phones, you won't be disappointed just make sure emobile have 3G coverage where your going to be using it most if you don't have wifi access there.

If I was put on the spot it would have to be the white One X at the moment but the battery performance is still bit of a worry. Maybe there is an improvement with JB.

The thing is I'm getting the phone off someone who is on bill pay with emobile. What is their policy on unlocking the phone would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Release of the HTC One X+ is imminent. I'd wait for that one if you can. Faster and better battery then the current One X, plus it will run Jelly Bean, so some Project Buttery love to boot :)

biebiebie wrote: »
    Release of the HTC One X+ is imminent. I'd wait for that one if you can. Faster and better battery then the current One X, plus it will run Jelly Bean, so some Project Buttery love to boot :)

It would have a fairly hefty price tag when released and I think the One X is a steal at 170 especially on this contract and I have done enough waiting cheers though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

HTC One X is the best of the lot there for sure. Stay away from the Sony Xperia S, few people in work have that and do nothing but complain.
    Screen on the One X is superb and it feels like a really premium product, I was personally considering that or the Samsung SIII, eventually went for the SIII but the One X is a very good choice!

Good luck and enjoy your phone :)

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

One more aspect upgraded with the One X Plus us that internal memory is upgraded from 32GB to 64GB. Thought I'd add that in there just in case it made a difference.

One X is great phone nonetheless :)

BTW, a S3 "mini" is due for release in another week or two. 4" screen to match the iPhone 5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭eggy81

biebiebie wrote: »
    One more aspect upgraded with the One X Plus us that internal memory is upgraded from 32GB to 64GB. Thought I'd add that in there just in case it made a difference.

One X is great phone nonetheless :)

BTW, a S3 "mini" is due for release in another week or two. 4" screen to match the iPhone 5 ;)
    Seaiously? I never heard a thing about this.was about to go iphone for first time.not gone on size of one x and s3.though they are,both beautiful phones.may hold off if this mini s3 is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Hi,

I'm due an upgrade and want to go android. I have narrowed to what I think is best from the this page http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/

HTC One X (Price of 170)
    HTC One S (170)
    SGSII (170)
    Xperia S (140)

I'm debating between the One X and SGSII going by reviews etc but I'm not sure what to go for just yet so what do ye think?!

Also do these phones come unlocked? And if not is there a certain period you have to wait before they are. I could root but don't want to void my warranty just yet.

Thanks!

I think that SGSII has the best selection of custom ROMs - that's something that might be quite important if you don't like what's in the original ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 maxbiaggi

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for over a year now and I am delighted with it, I haven't felt the compulsion to get a S3 as the S2 does everything I want already. I have made only a few modifications which are a larger capacity battery and the Juice defender plus app which means battery life is not an issue. The Swiftkey keyboard app is a major improvement on the standard keyboard.

Went for the HTC One X in the end lads and at that price I can hardly complain. Currently charging at the moment. Cheers for all the suggestions!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement