Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you use your tablet for?

• 03-10-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just asking a general question for what you all use your android tab for mostly, as I'm trying to find ways of maximising the use of my purchase.

I'm a newbie to android, having only ever used windows based products, small bit of apple macbooks, but i have had an iphone for 2 years, so I thought I'd try android.

A few people who use this forum regularly, might have seen my previous comments of my frustrations with the tablet, but overall its good, just have to try stop myself slipping back to use the gf's windows laptop, or using my iphone for ease of use browsing.

I purchased the ASUS Transformer TF300 with doc, primarily to use for skyGO , and RTE player and my Garmin. I've subsequently found i cant use any of them and although the good folks on this forum have tried to help, i cant seem to find an .apk to get it working. i've no idea what rooting is or how to do it either, so I'll be useless at that if anyone suggests it!

For documents, I find the polaris software awkward for excel sheets and have purchased the PRO office suite too, but still getting used to it.

So, .......apart from internet browsing and ease of use, what do you guys use your tablet for ??

thanks in advance for any replies,

cheers, Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hi all,

I'm just asking a general question for what you all use your android tab for mostly, as I'm trying to find ways of maximising the use of my purchase.

I'm a newbie to android, having only ever used windows based products, small bit of apple macbooks, but i have had an iphone for 2 years, so I thought I'd try android.

A few people who use this forum regularly, might have seen my previous comments of my frustrations with the tablet, but overall its good, just have to try stop myself slipping back to use the gf's windows laptop, or using my iphone for ease of use browsing.

I purchased the ASUS Transformer TF300 with doc, primarily to use for skyGO , and RTE player and my Garmin. I've subsequently found i cant use any of them and although the good folks on this forum have tried to help, i cant seem to find an .apk to get it working. i've no idea what rooting is or how to do it either, so I'll be useless at that if anyone suggests it!

For documents, I find the polaris software awkward for excel sheets and have purchased the PRO office suite too, but still getting used to it.

So, .......apart from internet browsing and ease of use, what do you guys use your tablet for ??

cheers, Tom

I got mine for internet browsing, email - I have two seperate accounts, personal and business - following news and blogs. Collecting and storing data, quick access to important documents through cloud storage + sharing of said data, reading and marking up .PDF and AutoCAD drawings (very important and unexpected advantage). Viewing and showing images and presentation materials to clients and colleagues, skyping my family and friends, playing music to external speakers - mostly when I have friends over,we pass the tablet around and choose songs off YouTube and play through tubemote.

I initially bought it for email, browsing and particularly watching movies while traveling and being stuck in boring business hotels and airports.

I have the transformer prime on jellybean. Flash is working well. If you want me to send you the .apk, pm me your email address.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Watching Films and TV shows mainly, reading books and surfing, skype, online shopping and cooking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

This is the best use for them I have found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I got mine for browsing and ended up using it more for comics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Hi all,

cheers, Tom

I got mine for internet browsing, email - I have two seperate accounts, personal and business - following news and blogs. Collecting and storing data, quick access to important documents through cloud storage + sharing of said data, reading and marking up .PDF and AutoCAD drawings (very important and unexpected advantage). Viewing and showing images and presentation materials to clients and colleagues, skyping my family and friends, playing music to external speakers - mostly when I have friends over,we pass the tablet around and choose songs off YouTube and play through tubemote.

I initially bought it for email, browsing and particularly watching movies while traveling and being stuck in boring business hotels and airports.

I have the transformer prime on jellybean. Flash is working well. If you want me to send you the .apk, pm me your email address.

Thanks a million, i suppose for travelling away from home, it certainly has it's uses alright. I Could have certainly done with it whilst I was away working a lot last year.I never heard of tubemote, must check it out (these are the reasons for my post!!)

Yep, I'll PM you now my email, if you could send send the .apk, that would be great, much appreciated.

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

SkyGo and RTE Player should work on the TF300 should they not? It's not on Jellybean already is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Filmon will also work, loads of tv channels there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Don't forget if you have Netflix there's an app for that too.

I use my tablet (Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700) for Browsing, Email, YouTube, Twitter, Movies, Music, Few games.
    Like someone said at a party I use my tablet hooked up to speakers and let people pick whatever music they want. There's a Grooveshark app too so you don't even need your own music collection!

There are so many was to enjoy your tablet :D There's a forum called XDA Developers Forum which for non techie people can be a bit daunting but I suggest you have a look around the TF300 forum. You'll learn lots and pick up some great hints and tips.
    There's also Transformerforums.com specifically for Asus products with plenty of helpful people there too with advice on apps to play with :)

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

Don't forget if you have Netflix there's an app for that too.

I use my tablet (Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700) for Browsing, Email, YouTube, Twitter, Movies, Music, Few games.
    Like someone said at a party I use my tablet hooked up to speakers and let people pick whatever music they want. There's a Grooveshark app too so you don't even need your own music collection!

There are so many was to enjoy your tablet :D There's a forum called XDA Developers Forum which for non techie people can be a bit daunting but I suggest you have a look around the TF300 forum. You'll learn lots and pick up some great hints and tips.
    There's also Transformerforums.com specifically for Asus products with plenty of helpful people there too with advice on apps to play with :)

Thanks for the info, must check that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I bought a kind of cheap one, purposely just for reading PDF's, i have gigggggabytes of training material for work i need to read on a constant basis and using a tablet makes reading them so handy, i didnt get a powerful one because i have a really bad attention span and i would only get distracted by playing games when i should be reading up on things :-)

H

• Advertisement
Advertisement