Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this Prestigio MultiPad Android Tablet

Options
  • 08-07-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi

What are people's opinion on this tablet?

https://touch.livingsocial.com/products/ireland/2902-prestigio-multipad-android-tablet
    Tech Specs

Specifications
    Manufacturer Article PMP5080B
    Manufacturer PRESTIGIO
    Product Type PC Tablet
    Series and Family MultiPad 5080
    Features G-Sensor
    External Color Black
    Package Type Retail
    Procesor
    CPU ARM Cortex A8 Rockchip RK2918
    CPU Internal Clock Rate 1.00 GHz
    Display
    Display Size 8"
    Display Resolution 800x600
    Display Technology TFT LCD
    Display Features Capacitive multi touch screen
    Screen rotation No Data
    Memory
    Internal Memory Size 4 GB
    Installed RAM Storage Capacity 512 MB DDR
    Flash Card Supported Micro SD/Micro SDHC Card
    Phone Features
    Phone Technology No
    Phone Protocols No
    Phone Bands No
    Interface
    Interfaces HDMI, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, SD, SHDC
    Interface Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
    Interface Bluetooth No Data
    Interface USB USB 2.0
    Interface HDMI 1 x HDMI
    Interface Audio 1 x 3.5 mm mini jack
    Interface VGA Not
    Multimedia
    Digital Camera No Data
    Supported eBook Formats FLV
    Supported Audio Formats OGG, AAC, WMA, MP3, FLAC, APE, WAV
    Supported Picture Formats BMP, JPG, GIF
    Supported Video Formats FLV, MOV, WMV, RM, AVI, MP4, MKV, RMVB
    Video Features Video Download, Video Playback
    Sound Features MP3 player, Sound Recording
    Software
    Operating System Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
    Battery
    Battery Technology Lithium Polymer
    Battery Current Capacity 5400 mAh
    Battery Video playback Time Max 4hr
    Battery Audio playback Time Max 6hr
    Battery Standby Time No Data
    Miscellaneous
    Built-in Devices Card Reader, Microphone, Stereo Speakers
    Included Accessories Power Adapter
    System Requirements No Data
    Applications Installed No Data
    Warranty
    Warranty Products returnable Yes
    Warranty Term (month) 24 month
    Warranty validation Criteria Serial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

personally i wouldn't buy it, it has a picture of android 4.0 but in the spec it says 2.3, this version was never designed for tablets. I had one similar to this and didn't last with me the fact it felt like holding a big phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

jsut bumping this up again as its on offer, for €129.
    any more opinions?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

False economy, IMO. It's just not a good device on any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Heavily skinned Homescreen. Limited or no Market access. I seem to recall Powercity having these for a while. They didn't look too impressive. The Homescreen icons were quite tacky.

Prestigio were using Archos rebadges\licensed hardware at one point. I'd say this is a rebadge of something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harry312010

Hi,I bought one in July,2012. through "living social" at 129 euro+ postage 4.50 euro. Waited a month for delivery. powered it up and waited hours for it to fully charge up. Looked good at first, easy to get into different apps. browse the net etc. When I was finished I powered it down and the next evening started it up but was instructed to plug in power supply. Battery level had dropped to 1%, so i decided to keep an eye on this over the next few days. I would leave unit powered on until fully charged before powering down. I was not happy with this situation so I sent an e-mail to Prestigio ,they gave me a ticket no. and a name of a courier to contact ,who would collect unit to be repaired. I contacted courier and got no reply,left message and phone no. still no reply. Sent Prestigio another e-mail,no reply. 1 month later, sent Prestigio a third e-mail and suggested I deliver unit to repair depot as I live in the area. Got reply to go ahead,which I did. On 24/9/2012 I handed over unit to be repaired, new battery and updated firmware was the report result. I collected unit on 2/10/2012. I brought it home ,battery was flat, waited for six hours before it was fully charged,worked on it for some time,seemed fine. Left charger plugged on, and powered off before going to bed,unit fully charged. The next day I turned it on about mid day and to my dismay only 12% battery life again. I had to plug in charger once more. I phoned the repair centre and explained what was happening and was told that I must have put it into sleep mode, which would run down the battery.I know I shut it down properly but said I would get back to him if I had the same problem in the morning. I know I will have to ring him again tomorrow.
    MY ADVICE TO ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING ONE OF THESE IS TO STAY CLEAR AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE .

• Advertisement
Advertisement