Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 HTP , etc ....

Options
  • 17-05-2014 12:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know where you can get 5 HTP in Ireland please?, generally just because it can be easier than buying it online....

Like, and if IMB have banned 5 HTP,etc (all this stuff), what can people do to let shops have permission to import it,etc...

Because really, like come on. Every other country the 5 HTP,st john's wort,etc is legal except in Ireland and the middle east.... legal in the world except Republic of Ireland + Middle east.

What the hell is going on?, why cant ireland use it !!!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I really don't think this is a PSYCHOLOGY issue. JC

(might be Politics, or Medicine/Health Science, but definitely not psychology.)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can't see it mentioned anywhere as being restricted under the Psychoactive Substances Act. Probably best to just ask a pharmacist about it. Maybe the places you've tried simply don't stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This isn't really politics, I'm afraid, because there's no legislative/political angle. There is no actual ban on St John's Wort - what happened is that the IMB decided that in their medical opinion it's a medicine and therefore requires medical licensing:
    St. John’s wort is a medicine and not a food supplement as has been suggested in media reports. Under existing Irish legislation the IMB is responsible for the regulation of all medicinal products.

The IMB considers that regulation is necessary to ensure the safe and appropriate use of this herbal medicine. At present, there is no licensed formulation of St. John’s wort available on the Irish market, therefore, no recommendations can be made with respect to quality, safety or efficacy.

Source: http://www.imb.ie/images/uploaded/documents/feb%2000.pdf

And that tells you what happened. Nobody has bothered licensing a formulation for use in the Irish market (too small), but only a licensed formulation can be sold in the Irish market. So it falls between two stools, as it were.

However, it is not, as far as I know, illegal to order it online and have it shipped to Ireland for personal use. Hope that helps, but the thread gets locked as non-Politics.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement