Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative to Flash player?

• 03-10-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭

So, I am still relatively new to Android, and really do love my Galaxy SIII.

However, when I bought it I'd forgotten about Flash player no longer being supported, and so find myself unable to stream quite a lot of TV shows to my phone.

I've attempted to download Adobe Flash Player 11 from Google Play, but it simply won't let me download it.

Does anyone have a link for another version, or way I can actually stream to my phone. I'd like something to watch on my lunch break, other than the movies I sent from my PC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Funny, the S3 (Android 4.0) is on Adobe's list of certified phones for Flash 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I assume that can be downloaded straight to the phone and installed on the stock version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I assume that can be downloaded straight to the phone and installed on the stock version?

Yes you can download any .apk and install it on stock android. You just need to allow installation of apps from unknown sources:
    Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown sources
    Tick the box and then you're good to go download and install the flash .apk file. :cool:

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

PopnFresh wrote: »
    Yes you can download any .apk and install it on stock android. You just need to allow installation of apps from unknown sources:
    Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown sources
    Tick the box and then you're good to go download and install the flash .apk file. :cool:

Have installed it now, restarted the phone and so on.

However I'm still getting messages when trying to view a Putlocker link on Chrome that I don't have Flash installed.

Any ideas on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Chrome supports Flash? Try another browser like Dolphin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Pretty sure chrome doesn't support flash. Try a different browser like Opera or firefox.

Ah, well that's a bugger.

I was hoping to just keep using Chrome, but I can put FF on instead.

Thanks a lot guys, all sorted and fixed now.

Advertisement