Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Allen Schweitzer

• 15-07-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭ Johan Great Airline

In the Prison Break episode "Allen", Michael takes a screw from the bleachers and files it down to make an allen key. But its a specific screw. Why did he need that specific one?

Did he plant it in the prison when he was designing it? That'd mean he put in an escape plan before he knew he'd have to break out. Also - surely he didn't oversee the installation of the bleachers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

In the Prison Break episode "Allen", Michael takes a screw from the bleachers and files it down to make an allen key. But its a specific screw. Why did he need that specific one?

Did he plant it in the prison when he was designing it? That'd mean he put in an escape plan before he knew he'd have to break out. Also - surely he didn't oversee the installation of the bleachers....

I may be wrong but he used it to unscrew the toilet in the cell that was fixed to the wall and behind it was a hole out along a main pipe to escape. He had the blue prints so he knew every inch and what tools he would need including to remove the toilet from the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭ Johan Great Airline

Vanbis wrote: »
    I may be wrong but he used it to unscrew the toilet in the cell that was fixed to the wall and behind it was a hole out along a main pipe to escape. He had the blue prints so he knew every inch and what tools he would need including to remove the toilet from the wall.

Yeah but why did only one screw have the allen key inside it? Did he put it there when he was designing the prison? How did he know he would have to break out of it when he was designing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Yeah but why did only one screw have the allen key inside it? Did he put it there when he was designing the prison? How did he know he would have to break out of it when he was designing it?

He needed the bolt from the bleechers as it was probably the most suitable type of bolt (and most easily available) from which to make an allen key, at the end of the episode he is wearing the end of the bolt against the ground in order to shape it into an allan key suitable to unscrew the toilet from the wall.

There wasn't just the one screw/bolt, it was just that because T-Bag and his gang "owned" the bleechers and made it clear to Michael that he wasn't welcome, so if he were to go back again and try to go get a second one, he would have been taking a massive risk!

He didn't design the prison as such, he had access to the blueprints because the company he was with did some sort of work/upgrading on the prison.

At the end of Lincoln's trial, he heard that Lincoln was being sent to Fox River, and it was then he set his plan into motion because he knew he had access to the blueprints.

Have you watched Episode 16 yet? "Brother's Keeper" its called, very good episode, it goes back 3 years before the series and will give you better answers to your questions than I can!

jordainius wrote: »
    He needed the bolt from the bleechers as it was probably the most suitable type of bolt (and most easily available) from which to make an allen key, at the end of the episode he is wearing the end of the bolt against the ground in order to shape it into an allan key suitable to unscrew the toilet from the wall.

There wasn't just the one screw/bolt, it was just that because T-Bag and his gang "owned" the bleechers and made it clear to Michael that he wasn't welcome, so if he were to go back again and try to go get a second one, he would have been taking a massive risk!

He didn't design the prison as such, he had access to the blueprints because the company he was with did some sort of work/upgrading on the prison.

At the end of Lincoln's trial, he heard that Lincoln was being sent to Fox River, and it was then he set his plan into motion because he knew he had access to the blueprints.

!

That doesn't make any sense. He easily could have gone to another bleacher if that was the case. But he needed to go back to that specific one. In the flashbacks its made very clear that its that specific bolt he needs because he writes down the code thats on it.

I choose to believe Michael Scofield just plans escape routes into everything he designs.
    "Have you watched Episode 16 yet? ""
    Only like a million times.

That doesn't make any sense. He easily could have gone to another bleacher if that was the case. But he needed to go back to that specific one. In the flashbacks its made very clear that its that specific bolt he needs because he writes down the code thats on it.

It makes perfect sense. There is one set of bleechers; all "owned" by T-Bag and his gang. And it isn't a code on the bleecher

I choose to believe Michael Scofield just plans escape routes into everything he designs.

Now THAT, doesn't make any sense. He did not design that prison, and he DEFINITELY did not design the Bleechers.
    Maybe you should watch the pilot episode "a million times" because at the end of the episode he explains to Lincoln that the contract to retrofit the prison was subcontracted to one of the partners in his firm. Not Michael, so Michael didn't design the prison.

Also, unless he can see into the future and somehow know in advance he would know he would need to escape from a prison, then the notion that he would plan escape routes that far in advance is pure fantasy. He was a highly qualified and respected structural engineer, so he would not choose to include flaws in whatever he designed.

• Advertisement

How can you be so blind? Michael, fundamentally is a planner. He plans. Sure, his job might be structural engineering but his calling is to plan things. So its obvious that he would plan escape routes into his buildings. And they aren't flaws, they are contingency plans.

How can you be so blind? Michael, fundamentally is a planner. He plans. Sure, his job might be structural engineering but his calling is to plan things. So its obvious that he would plan escape routes into his buildings. And they aren't flaws, they are contingency plans.

He doesn't have a "calling". Before he decides to break Lincoln out of jail, he is just a normal every day structural engineer...

He had absolutely no reason whatsoever to plan escape routes. Why would a well paid successful structural engineer even consider it a possibility that he will one day have to mastermind an elaborate escape plan out of a prison.

The only reason he decided to break Lincoln out was that it was his last option, all possible legal routes had been exhausted. His only two options were 1) give up. or 2) get sent to prison in order to break him out. Then, and only then did escaping from Fox River become an issue.

I'll say this again; "Michael did not design Fox River. The contract to retrofit the prison was subcontracted to one of the partners in his firm. Not Michael. So he did not design Fox River. He had access to the blueprints due to the work done by the partner in his firm.

What you're saying is plausible if and only if Michael is able to see into the future.

It's not a case of me being blind, its a case of you seeing something that isn't there.

I initially answered your first question because I thought I was giving an honest answer to an honest question. If I had known all you were interested in was arguing and throwing around smart-alec comments I wouldn't have bothered replying.

The reason I think he needs that specific bolt is that when he gets to the bleachers he feels around till he gets to that screw. He didn't just take any screw that was available.

Also - T-Bag doesn't own all the bleachers. The scanshots of the prison show loadsa people sitting on different bleachers.

So I'm lead to believe that Michael needs that specific bolt. I think he needed that one because there was an allen key planted inside the bolt but I may be wrong.

So my question is - why that specific bolt?

And I reckon Michael spends 95% of his time planning. He even dies from planning. He's a planner. Having a biiiiiiig plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Because the other bolts had damaged heads, or were screwed in more tightly? He chose the one he thought would be the easiest to get out.

Makes much more sense than your theory which, by the way, is insane

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Because the other bolts had damaged heads, or were screwed in more tightly? He chose the one he thought would be the easiest to get out.

Makes much more sense than your theory which, by the way, is insane

How does he know the other bolts have damaged heads? Or that they are tightly screwed on? He literally only brushes past them. Then the camera zooms in to show the code that he had written down in the flash back.

My theory fits all the facts.

• Advertisement

he feels around till he gets to that screw.
    How does he know the other bolts have damaged heads? Or that they are tightly screwed on? He literally only brushes past them.

First, did he "feel around" or did he "only brush past" them?

He felt around five or six bolts until he finds one with a clear slot (others full of rust/dirt etc.) and he stops at one when he can feel that has a clear head and will be easiest to unscrew. As the only thing he can use to unscrew it is a coin, of course he's going to check around for the easiest one.

Now if you watch the scene again, the man sitting nearby clearly says "Wrong piece of real estate fish, belongs to T-Bag", Michael says "Who?", the man explains who and a few seconds later we see T-Bag's first scene.

At the end of Michael and T-Bag's conversation, T-Bag says "You come around these bleechers again, its gonna be more than just words we're exchanging, you know what I'm saying?"

How on earth can you not see from the above two quotes that the bleechers are "owned" by T-Bag and his gang?? One convict literally says they belong to T-Bag, and T-Bag himself warns him to stay away from them.

Then the camera zooms in to show the code that he had written down in the flash back.
    The only reason that is done is to show us that it is part of his escape plan.

Every one of my posts has shown that your "theory" is nonsense and most certainly does not "fit all the facts".

Sure you think Michael designed the prison and that T-Bag and his gang did not own the bleechers so what would you know about facts when you're being so selective about which facts you want to believe.

I'm insulted by what you said. The idea that Michael planned an escape route into fox river makes the show more than just a story, it makes it real. I like to think of Michale Scofield as the person, and Wentworth Miller as the actor. If you think about the show that way - it takes it to so many more levels.

Also, I emailed Michael Scofield (he goes by wentworth miller all the time for some reason) and he told me that Michael did indeed plan an escape route out of Fox River.

I can send you the email if you like.

Advertisement