Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

It's Overrrrrrr

• 14-07-2009 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Just finished the last show and nearly cried. imo PB was the best series i ever watched. i was a massive CSI fan but after getting inot PB i have never been so hooked on anything.

i dont know why season 4 got slated by everyone i thought it was the best,it showed the real side to a lot of them Mahone is by far the best loved him in it.

i would do anything for them to have kept on making them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

bungler wrote: »
    Just finished the last show and nearly cried. imo PB was the best series i ever watched. i was a massive CSI fan but after getting inot PB i have never been so hooked on anything.

i dont know why season 4 got slated by everyone i thought it was the best,it showed the real side to a lot of them Mahone is by far the best loved him in it.

What was the need to make this a thread???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Cause i felt like it ye thick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

It's gone and it's not coming back... get used to it! That's what I have to keep telling myself to get over it not being made any more. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

yea keep saying that to myself, thinking of going and watching from the start again cause cant remember parts of it

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

I'm looking forward to watchin this again years from now when I forget alot more of it! Was definitely my favourite ever series. Wonder if there will be a spin off or the likes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

bungler wrote: »

There was no storylines left to tell, they were already scraping the bottom of the barrell for storylines in s4. Season 5 would have destroyed it completely.

And season four was not in a million years the best, it became akin to a bad soap opera at times, the introduction of their mother was the final nail in the coffin. The ending was poor, the whole brain tumor thing was a cop-out.

Season One, was fantastic. Season two was good, it went hand in hand with season one. 1-break out, 2-stay out. Although season 1 and 2 were so different, there was a good continuity of the charatcters/storylines. The only addition was Mahone, and that was a masterstroke. And it all tied in nicely with the tattoo.

Doing more than two seasons has tainted this show's legacy. It's quite obvious that the original ending for this show was Michael, Sara and Lincoln sailing away in that boat at the end of 2x22, but then they put Michael in jail and had to reinvent the show.

Putting Michael in Sona and making him break out of a second prison was the jump the shark moment. Though rare, its not uncommon for prisoners to escape prison. But for a prisoner to escape 2 prisons?Pushing it a bit...

As for season 4, it was poor enough. Look at its ratings in the US. Season's 1 and 2 averaged approx 10 million viewers, season 3 averaged approx 8 million, and by the end of season 4 Prison Break struggled to get 4 million viewers.

Don't get me wrong though, great show, my favorite ever. But it went on too long and talk of more seasons is madness!

Advertisement