Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

UK/IE: "Prison Break - The Final Break" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Michael dying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Mr.S wrote: »
    Lol @ female Tbag:D

It was pure filler though, the whole thing wasn't needed at all, but i suppose it was a good way to explain how Micheal died.

the whole thing was completley pointless , in fact i would say it took from the intrigue and mystery of last weeks finale

a few things , the general was devoid of any greatness in this , he was just another jail bird where as last week they fast forwarded all the intrim crap and went straight to his execution , thier is something great about a disgusting villian going to execution but showing him killing time in jail made him look pathetic , any scumbag in prison can order a hit , you dont have to be the head of an almost invincible shadow orginisation , oh and surely a man guilty of high treason and other such heinous crimes would be in a maximum security prison ( akin to hanibal lecter ) and not along side a two bit con like t-bag , it was farcical
    also it was completley incredible that sarah would have to go down for the murder of christina , christina was company , sarah had helped in bringing down a threat to national and international security for that matter , if the rest of the gang could have been exonerated , so too should have it been with sarah , a presidential pardon , whatever , again farcical

sarah is not and was never an interesting charechter and apart from the refered lesbianism of gretchen towards prison guards , thier wasnt much to get excited about

the cow that was prison break was well and truly over milked , i know it was a fox show but surely even the vulgar pigs at murdochs empire would have known that sometimes less is more

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I have to say when I watched it last night I didn't really like it but I did like the video message at the end and I guess I would prefer him to have a heroes death rather then the tumor.

Couple of things that I must comment on other then the obvious flaws (Such as the "Full Pardons":

1. No Kellerman Annoyed me, I was hoping to see how he got to run as a senator

2. Mahone tricking the FBI was way to obvious IMO anyway

3. I might bring up the whole we didn't see a body rule of the prison break universe also we didn't see what was on the dvd he gave lincon(IIRC Mahone gave it to him without Sarah knowing).

4. The T-Bag Female Character was the almost erotic it was so unknowingly funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ziedth wrote: »
    Also we didn't see what was on the dvd he gave lincon(IIRC Mahone gave it to him without Sarah knowing).

That was the video linc and sarah watched at the end i believe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nope, just 1 disk, it said to Sarah + Linc.

I feel sorry for any fella that tries to go out with Sarah in the future, she's a recovering alcoholic/drug addict single mother who's ex-husband was a genius that sacrificed himself for her, not much to live up to there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Solid episode and the writers can be pround of the send-off they gave this show.

The only issue I have is that I felt Michael was the wrong character to make the ultimate sacrifice. The last eight months of his life were a disaster, a constant struggle and he did it for the love of his brother. He IMO should have been the one that got to ride into the sunset. So I felt that it should have been Linc that repayed the original favour by going down in a blaze of glory by saving Sarah.

I know some people will say that Season 3 was Linc's payback for Michael but I don't believe so. Sure it was a lot of work and stress (son held hostage) but he had the benefit of organising everything from the outside whereas Michael had to put himself literally in the lions den to save Linc in S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

This special, while entertaining, was completely unneccessary! The last episode's ending had just the right amount of mystery attached, it would've been nice for Michael to die peacefully. Still, Michael getting the final line was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Solid episode and the writers can be pround of the send-off they gave this show.

The only issue I have is that I felt Michael was the wrong character to make the ultimate sacrifice. The last eight months of his life were a disaster, a constant struggle and he did it for the love of his brother. He IMO should have been the one that got to ride into the sunset. So I felt that it should have been Linc that repayed the original favour by going down in a blaze of glory by saving Sarah.

I know some people will say that Season 3 was Linc's payback for Michael but I don't believe so. Sure it was a lot of work and stress (son held hostage) but he had the benefit of organising everything from the outside whereas Michael had to put himself literally in the lions den to save Linc in S1.

I disagree. The start of the show was Michael trying to save Lincs life. All that happened between series 1 and series 4 was a result of Michael saving Linc from the death penalty. It would of been a pointless excercise if Linc ended up dying anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,334 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There is one major flaw in the whole thing.

Michael died in the US and Sarah is living on the run as a fugitive in Costa Rica.

Yet, at the end of the final normal episode, we see the gang visit Michael's grave in Costa Rica!

So the US authorities released his body to a known criminal, or never realised he was being sent to Costa Rica!

I really thought the final double bill was ridiculous.

Why did Sarah not have immunity?
    How come Gretchen was in the same prison?

Are there never male guards in a female prison?

Why didn't Michael's operation from the company with advanced technology work?

Where is Linc's son, who was the main reason he wanted to get out of prison?

Why was the general in a normal cell rather than death row?

Why wasn't the attempted poison of Sarah investigated by the authorities?

Could go on and on and on...the lazy writing just ruined the show for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

murpho999 wrote: »
    There is one major flaw in the whole thing.

Michael died in the US and Sarah is living on the run as a fugitive in Costa Rica.

Yet, at the end of the final normal episode, we see the gang visit Michael's grave in Costa Rica!

So the US authorities released his body to a known criminal, or never realised he was being sent to Costa Rica! They could have released it to Mahone or even to Sucre, they didn't know they were involved. As far as the FBI was concerned Mahone was working with them.

I really thought the final double bill was ridiculous.

Why did Sarah not have immunity? She did but Christina had hid her involement with The Company so well in the eyes of the law she was an innocent bystander murdered by Sara, who had nothing to do with the taking down of The Company

How come Gretchen was in the same prison?

Because it's a female prison, and she's female and a prisoner

Are there never male guards in a female prison?

No, for obvious reasons

Why didn't Michael's operation from the company with advanced technology work?

It was terminal, no operation would have saved him, even an advanced one, it was just his time.

Where is Linc's son, who was the main reason he wanted to get out of prison?

He's in college, if you payed attention to Linc talking you would have heard him say " he's gonna stay on for his finals"

Why was the general in a normal cell rather than death row?

He hadn't been convicted yet so he wasn't sentenced to death, so he wouldn't be on Death Row, simple really.

Why wasn't the attempted poison of Sarah investigated by the authorities?

Maybe it was, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Could go on and on and on...the lazy writing just ruined the show for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

She did but Christina had hid her involement with The Company so well in the eyes of the law she was an innocent bystander murdered by Sara, who had nothing to do with the taking down of The Company.
    I don't buy that at all. Kellerman would have been well aware of her involvement in the company.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I don't buy that at all. Kellerman would have been well aware of her involvement in the company.

But Kellerman doesn't run the FBI, the lawyer even told them that Christina had hidden her identity. There were rough patches in it if you go back over it but if you watch the show for what it is, it's a good ending, every show has things that don't mesh perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

Did they even have Michael's body anyway? Maybe it was just a gravestone they had erected in his memory because they were all hiding out from the authorities after breaking Sarah out? Maybe Mahone was able to transport it before burial and bring it over the border, maybe not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would have thought the body would have been released to his next of kin, which would be Linc, and Linc can have him buried wherever he wanted, although, if he was electrocuted there mightn't have been much of a body left to bury...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

even christina wasnt company in the laws eyes , she was pointing a gun at michael and indeed shot him , sarah saved his life , im america , self defense allows you to use deadly force , her being sent down is wrong on many levels

even the general wasnt yet convicted , an individual like him wouldnt have been in with two bit cons , they would have been in a maximum security facility

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    even christina wasnt company in the laws eyes , she was pointing a gun at michael and indeed shot him , sarah saved his life , im america , self defense allows you to use deadly force , her being sent down is wrong on many levels

even the general wasnt yet convicted , an individual like him wouldnt have been in with two bit cons , they would have been in a maximum security facility

They never seen Christina shoot Micheal on the camera footage, all that was on it was Sara shooting Christina in the back. So in their eyes it was in cold blood.

Maybe was a maximum security facility, Tbag for instance is a pretty dangerous felon, no two bit cons there I could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

County jail would not be high security. That is just the local remand holding centre for the Miami area.
    You would expect the general and T-Bag to be locked up in the Federal prison supermax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just watched these tonight. Not the worst ever episode, but it was completely unnecessary. There were a lot of holes, but that's pretty much the whole season. Nice to see how exactly Michael died and why Sara was in South America, but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Got to watch this finally last night.

Not the best episode, but i certainly enjoyed the second half more then the first. It was slightly silly, no reason as to why they had to do it, they tied up nicely the show in the first instance.
    I thought it was interesting how they got sarah, p*ssed off law enforcement doing there best to get on of the crew.

Wish they had of finished the show earlier but still going to miss its stupidity!

I doubt they got the body down to costa-rica.
    I hope it suddenly doesn't appear michael is alright at some point he survived and the fed's have him!!
    This better be the end.

1 thing i noticed that spoiled mahone is he good or bad was the fact he was with linc, sucre, sarah and mini michael at the end of the proper series.
    So you knew he wasn't bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

cabrwab wrote: »
    1 thing i noticed that spoiled mahone is he good or bad was the fact he was with linc, sucre, sarah and mini michael at the end of the proper series.
    So you knew he wasn't bad

Yeah, but none of them had any idea that he was the one that told the feds about the blind spot, which lead to the new plan and ultimately to Micheal's slightly premature death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭MOH

Blay wrote: »
    They never seen Christina shoot Micheal on the camera footage, all that was on it was Sara shooting Christina in the back. So in their eyes it was in cold blood.
    Actually, all that's on it is her firing a gun.

Advertisement