Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIAM Senior Cert help

Options
  • 21-04-2015 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

If any kind soul could help me out with some questions about the senior cert, I'd be forever grateful.

I haven't sat an exam in about 10 years and I'm about to. I think I bit off more than I can chew (I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to exams. Even more so when they're practical) but I'm determined to work as hard as I can to give it my best shot.

I have some questions (some of them are about basic stuff that I've forgotten, or was just never taught) and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could go over them with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anon12

Sorry for double-posting - I can't seem to be able to edit the original post.
    I just realised I never specified that it's the piano exam.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

You might be better off posting your questions on-thread so people can see if they can help you.

I'm sorry for posting again, but desperate times and all that...

Can anyone clarify this for me:
    "Double octaves similar motion: Same major and melodic minor keys as sixth apart scales, staccato"

Firstly, does this mean "same as the 6th apart AND staccato", or that double octaves should be played staccato?
    Also, the 6th apart minors can be harmonic or melodic, but I'm assuming here that they want you to specifically do the melodics?

I'm also very confused over these.
    Diminished sevenths: Starting on D, A sharp and F sharp
    Dominant sevenths:
    in keys of D, B and A flat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There should be a list of the sixth apart scales, and it's just those scales in staccato octaves.

The diminished and dominant sevenths are arpeggios.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement