Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from bill pay to prepay

Options
  • 19-12-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a Galaxy S3 and I found one for sale but it is billpay and I would like to change it to prepay. Probably a stupid question but would this be possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

There's no difference between a bill pay phone and a prepay one so your sim card will work.

The only thing is that if the bill pay phone is still in contract and the owner doesn't pay there bills then the phone may be imei blocked by the network so it will be unusable in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

manu2009 wrote: »
    There's no difference between a bill pay phone and a prepay one so your sim card will work.

The only thing is that if the bill pay phone is still in contract and the owner doesn't pay there bills then the phone may be imei blocked by the network so it will be unusable in Ireland.

Thanks for that. He said he got it as an upgrade but will be keeping the old phone and selling this one unlocked so would it still be the same story in that both phones will be blocked if he doest pay his bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Thanks for that. He said he got it as an upgrade but will be keeping the old phone and selling this one unlocked so would it still be the same story in that both phones will be blocked if he doest pay his bill?

The fact that he got an upgrade means the old phone's contract would be finished so he'd be starting a new contract with the new phone and only that would be blocked I think.

It's the risk you take when buying off someone else rather then in a shop.

If you know the person then it'd be ok.

If it was on Adverts.ie you'd need to look for good feedback, receipt etc.

Advertisement