Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel from Naas to Dublin?

Options
  • 29-02-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all

Just looking for some options as to the transport options available in order to travel from Naas to Dublin each morning for work, then home again in the evenings. I am working near the upper Baggott street area and need to be at work at 8am mon-fri.
    I checked bus eireann website and buses do not seem to be to regular in the mornings. Driving to sallins to get the train seems awkward,esp as it only goes as far as Heuston stn.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, such as any private bus companies that go from Naas to Dublin?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Other than the hourly Dublin Coach to the Red Cow, and a very limited JJ Kavanaghs service to Dublin, your only options are Bus Eireann and Irish Rail. There is a free bus connection from Naas to Sallins and two trains from there at 0651 and 0701 that arrive at Heuston at 0725 and 0730. From there the 145 will take you to St Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 robburke1980

Thanks v much, and do u know where I can find further info on the free shuttle bus service from naas to sallins? Such as times/frequency and what time it collects/drops off in Naas etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Thanks v much, and do u know where I can find further info on the free shuttle bus service from naas to sallins? Such as times/frequency and what time it collects/drops off in Naas etc?
    departure times are on the timetable
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/11_DublinPortlaoise1.pdf

Services to Dublin are down the page a bit

I should have added that the 145 operates every 10 minutes from the front of Heuston Station.

Beside the St John's Road entrance the 25a and 25b will also take you to Merrion Row and Merrion Square. Unfortunately the Xpresso services would be a bit too late for you.

Either way you can change to a 37, 38/a/b, 39/a or 70 on Nassau Street that all go along the entire length of Baggot Street if you don't fancy a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Hi all

Just looking for some options as to the transport options available in order to travel from Naas to Dublin each morning for work, then home again in the evenings. I am working near the upper Baggott street area and need to be at work at 8am mon-fri.
    I checked bus eireann website and buses do not seem to be to regular in the mornings.

That is not correct, there are around 20 buses daily from Naas arriving in Dublin before 9am.

The 07.00 to Belfield via Crumlin would be the best bet for you as it drops off on Baggot St Upr and Waterloo Rd however I don't know if it will reliably get you there early enough. It is some time since I drove that particular service but I do remember it was generally pretty quick as it got in before the traffic had built up too much. AFAIR there are actually 2 buses at 7.00, one via Crumlin the other Inchicore/Heuston. The other bus option is the 06.30 which would drop you at O'Connell Bridge around the 07.15 mark, plenty of time to walk or get the one of the city buses to Baggot St Upr.

For the return direction there are 2 buses at 17.20 and 17.40 from Kildare St that operate via SCR/Crumlin. They also pick-up at the stop on Earlesfort Terrace just around the corner from Leeson St. Other than that you would have to get to either Connolly, Georges Quay or Wellington Quay (just past the Ha'penny Bridge) to get any of the other 126 services.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for your replies, much appreciated! I'm leaning towards getting the bus as it seems more direct, just not sure about the times in the mornings from Naas!

Quick couple of questions...

1. In relation to the 126 bus service that leaves Naas at 7am each morning, what time could I expect to arrive in Dublin city centre? It does not state this on the 126 timetable, only that is arrives in Belfield at 8.40am. So what time would it arrive near Baggot St area? Or even oconnell bridge or St Stephens green area? If it was say no later than 7.45am then thus could work and I will walk and be in work around the 8ish mark!

2. Also living in jigginstown in naas, where is the nearest bus where the bus will stop to pick up in the mornings?

Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭Trampas

get a dublin bike pass as allows for flexibility for picking up the bus in the evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Vic_08 wrote: »
    That is not correct, there are around 20 buses daily from Naas arriving in Dublin before 9am.

There are only 10 buses at most(126) that will get you into the city centre before 9am, other expressway buses may stop in Naas but they are set-down only.

Thanks guys, but where in Naas do I catch the bus each morning?
    Does it stop anywhere near jigginstown to collect passengers? Or where is the nearest stop to jigginstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Thanks guys, but where in Naas do I catch the bus each morning?
    Does it stop anywhere near jigginstown to collect passengers? Or where is the nearest stop to jigginstown?
    There is a stop just past Sheehy motors which is probably closest to Jigginstown, there is another closer to Naas but some drivers don't stop at that one because it is too close to a busy junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CinderKone

Hi,
    i thought i might revive this thread as i may make this journey each morning and was wondering if the transport options had increased?
    thanks

Still the same options:
    - Irish Rail/145
    - Bus Eireann route 126
    - Dublin Coach / LUAS
    - JJ Kavanagh

Advertisement